Eagle Button still with thread...I think?

TokenMan

Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro-10D2 & 6x10dd
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had about 2 hours before the storm was coming so I went to my go to field and had a pretty good hunt. It is my go to spot cuz it's close and I can always seem to find 1 bullet. Today was a little different. I made one single adjustment to the Deus and walked over the same ground I have many times before and, well had a pretty action packed 2 hours! Stayed in the basic 1 program, but dropped the silencer to -1, that is all I did. Pics are the good stuff, other finds were about 5 half horse shoes and some iron rings. The buttons are toasty, but I love finding them, even if it's just the backs. I took a close up of what I think is thread on the shank. Is it possible for the thread to last that long? Never had a button with what appeared to be thread. And thought I would put a pic of the patent that was on the little clasp thingy, it was neat to look that up! And last pic, is that a bail seal maybe? Thanks for looking and stay happy!

mar261.jpg mar262.jpg mar263.jpg mar264.jpg mar265.jpg mar266.jpg mar267.jpg mar268.jpg

Upvote 9

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap, it does happen from time to time!

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is nice, congrats...d2

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds. Most of the buttons we have found don't even have the fronts on them any more much less thread. Very cool.

JimK

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice and always super cool to find thread, material, leather, etc.! I've seen it occasionally, but not often!

OP
OP
T

TokenMan

Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! If you want, read this thread and you can see how it was explained to me by the CannonBallGuy that we can still find things like your button.

Finally an old button!

Nice lead too!

Thanks old dude! A cool read! Yeah man, cannonball guy really knows his way around buttons and bullets!!!

OP
OP
T

TokenMan

Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds. Most of the buttons we have found don't even have the fronts on them any more much less thread. Very cool.

JimK

Yep, I have many backs too. Every now and again I dig a really nice solid button, but most of the time, the VA soil is tough on them. I enjoy any shape they are in!

OP
OP
T

TokenMan

Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice and always super cool to find thread, material, leather, etc.! I've seen it occasionally, but not often!

Yeah, this is the first one I have (well that I am aware of) I thought it was grass at first lol. What part of Va you in? I'm near Fairfax County.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread