EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I haven't been posting much, and now that warmer weather has returned, I probably will only be on and off. too many things going on at once. I have been trying to keep up with the finds though and lots of you all are doing great!
I got a little time at work today, so gonna try and catch up a little. But I really haven't been finding too much. I have been hitting fields lately looking for colonial silver and so far, only finding some toasted artifacts..
BUT, I have a couple of goodies - to me anyway.

BARBER QUARTER 1912.jpg

I FINALLY found my first Barber! I was tickled. Not in a field tho.

DOG TAX TAG.jpg STARS BUTTON.jpg FLAT BUTTON.jpg STAMPED PC.jpg SILVERWARE.jpg MISC.jpg ROUNDBALLS.jpg
KG VI 1941.jpg

These are the misc. finds this week the toasted stuff came out of fields around here. I about had a stroke when I saw the ship on the English Half Penny..
What's a great ship like that doing on a modern coin?
The "UNKNOWN" in the 4 pc. pic has a solid brass oval on the end, the shaft is hollow, no threads. ?

BELL.jpg BUCKLE.jpg

Love the tiny bell. I thought it was Christmas ornament till I got home and got it cleaned and saw what it was - neat.

LARGE FLATBUTTON.jpg

And finally THIS.. I have found some big flat buttons. and I have seen you all find bigger. This one is HUGE! Just how big do they get anyway?
I would be interested to see who has the largest flat button.. If I was rich, I'd have contest.
But I'm not, so it'll just have to be for bragging rights.

Great seeing your stuff. Happy Hunting this spring y'all!

Upvote 19

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did correct my measurement above.. it's actually the same, about 37,38mm as well. And I too am sure there are probably larger.. but why, I wonder? Just to show off, I guess.. lol

But don't you look at fashion now & ask the same question?

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You were interested in how big of a button others have found, well in my 4 decades of detecting this one is the largest one I have found. 42mm or 1.65 inches.
Don

Attachments

• Animalbutton42mm.jpg
    Animalbutton42mm.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 51

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice assortment of goodies! Congrats on your first Barber!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent bunch of finds.
I'm in MD too. haven't had a chance to get out yet. I'm hoping that this is the week it finally warms up. I was out really late last night and it was freezing.
Not too bad today but I had to work for a while.

Your pile of finds is making me really anxious to get out there.
Congrats.

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found a couple of beautiful dandys within two feet of each other right off the front door step of a house built in the early 1700's. Both were about 1 1/2" down. They both still had the shank in perfect shape.
I gave them to the homeowner who gave them to the Histerical Society.That was fun.

I always wish they had the loops still intact. this one didn't. Actually, I find a higher percentage with than without! That amazes me. If more were field finds, that probably wouldn't hold up. How large were they?

You were interested in how big of a button others have found, well in my 4 decades of detecting this one is the largest one I have found. 42mm or 1.65 inches.
Don

So far, yours is the leader.. that's tremendous! I just can't get over these sizes. Congrats... so far.. lol

Very nice assortment of goodies! Congrats on your first Barber!

Thanks! I am still excited, wear and all, cool looking coins.

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent bunch of finds.
I'm in MD too. haven't had a chance to get out yet. I'm hoping that this is the week it finally warms up. I was out really late last night and it was freezing.
Not too bad today but I had to work for a while.

Your pile of finds is making me really anxious to get out there.
Congrats.

I know, the weather has been a little nuts. I have been given permission for two new yards, but no really good finds yet. I did find a quarter spill in one, almost two dollars, but all post 1970's.
Boooo...
Today it was pouring, and cold, now the sun is out and it feels like mid sixties.. now if I could just find something OLD! haha
Thanks for the encouragement and Happy Hunting.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don

That button is incredible....and HUGE

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found two dandy buttons close to one another before. They are my biggest flat buttons I ever found. Don't know if I measured perfectly but here are some photos of one measured and also by a penny for scale! [emoji2]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427756868.841352.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427756891.825587.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427759723.325157.jpg

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds! If I may guess, the unkown picture might be the end of a cane..? Or a Hames, depending on the size.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this at our Colonial site, not as big as some already posted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 71

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found 3-4 buttons around that size in early 18th century sites. Those are some of my favorite finds! Congrats on yours, it's a beauty :occasion14:
I haven't been posting much, and now that warmer weather has returned, I probably will only be on and off. too many things going on at once. I have been trying to keep up with the finds though and lots of you all are doing great!
I got a little time at work today, so gonna try and catch up a little. But I really haven't been finding too much. I have been hitting fields lately looking for colonial silver and so far, only finding some toasted artifacts..
BUT, I have a couple of goodies - to me anyway.

View attachment 1137821

I FINALLY found my first Barber! I was tickled. Not in a field tho.

View attachment 1137839 View attachment 1137829 View attachment 1137831 View attachment 1137833 View attachment 1137835 View attachment 1137838 View attachment 1137836
View attachment 1137840

These are the misc. finds this week the toasted stuff came out of fields around here. I about had a stroke when I saw the ship on the English Half Penny..
What's a great ship like that doing on a modern coin?
The "UNKNOWN" in the 4 pc. pic has a solid brass oval on the end, the shaft is hollow, no threads. ?

View attachment 1137841 View attachment 1137842

Love the tiny bell. I thought it was Christmas ornament till I got home and got it cleaned and saw what it was - neat.

View attachment 1137843

And finally THIS.. I have found some big flat buttons. and I have seen you all find bigger. This one is HUGE! Just how big do they get anyway?
I would be interested to see who has the largest flat button.. If I was rich, I'd have contest.
But I'm not, so it'll just have to be for bragging rights.

Great seeing your stuff. Happy Hunting this spring y'all!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a whopper Chris. I dug one yesterday almost the same size. It was 38mm or about 1.5" and one of the largest I've seen in some time. I've also dug some buttons with a similar design as your biggie, but I don't remember them being that size. Nice find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread