May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
After being sidelined for a month from knee surgery I made it back out for a short hunt today and an early site that has been heavily hunted over the years. I still managed to pull a couple of keepers to make it a worthwhile hunt. I also recovered a lesche digger that I lost over a year ago at this site. A little rusty but still works like a champ.

My favorite find of the day was the button. It is quite heavy and has a drilled shank. Looks pretty early but I don't know for sure. This site is full of hand forged rose head nails which I don't really mind digging. They are in such good condition they usually ring up like a good target.

Attachments

• IMG_1934.jpg
    IMG_1934.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1935.jpg
    IMG_1935.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1933.jpg
    IMG_1933.jpg
    586.8 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 4

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the button and the thimble too. Your digger been sitting there for a year waiting for your return. I hope my digger I've had for 20 years that I left in the woods last month waits for me too.

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
Your button may be a bell ringer.
Have you found a bell on the property at all?

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like thimbles too, nice button, I'm glad you got out and glad you found your Lesche. tylerbdad, yours is waiting for your return to the woods.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm interesting. I'm wondering if that could be something besides a button. Not sure but bell ringer as mentioned above sounds reasonable due to the weight. I like it regardless of what it may be and I'm happy to see one of my colonial loving buddies out there swinging

OP
OP
screwynewy

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Your button may be a bell ringer.
Have you found a bell on the property at all?

Hadn't considered that it might be a bell ringer. Given the long shank and weight of it you might be right.

Hmmm interesting. I'm wondering if that could be something besides a button. Not sure but bell ringer as mentioned above sounds reasonable due to the weight. I like it regardless of what it may be and I'm happy to see one of my colonial loving buddies out there swinging

Can't be too much longer until you can get out and start swinging. Surely the snow has melted by now?

OP
OP
screwynewy

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Update: Well, I'm pretty sure it is, errr......was a button. I was putting it away in a "safe" place and dropped it 8 inches onto the countertop and it broke in half. I have found several blow hole buttons that have fallen apart after a couple days of being recovered. Oh well, it was perfectly safe for probably 250+ years in the ground then I come along and ruin it. :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• IMG_1938.jpg
    IMG_1938.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 84

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hadn't considered that it might be a bell ringer. Given the long shank and weight of it you might be right.

Can't be too much longer until you can get out and start swinging. Surely the snow has melted by now?
Well we've still got some snow but it's disappearing quickly. I will for sure be on a colonial site this week buddy. It's supposed to be sunny and around 50 all week

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread