Third Silver in a WEEK! WOW!

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Hello again Treasurenetter Tribe! Just had to get online here and share my fortune of the day. Not that all day was good, that would be too wonderful for words. You know that's not going to happen.
Up early this morning... well.. okay, I actually slept in an hour past my normal rising time but it was a day off today. I still had to get up early today though to take my little truck (Ford Ranger) to get the brakes fixed. I had a rather mind altering sphincter tightening eye bugging hair raising kind of drive to work two days ago, when I as I was coming off the freeway onto the off ramp with a red light at the end.. and traffic.. when I discovered that my brakes were nearly non existent! YIKES!!! PUMP PUMP PUMP PUMP... DOWNSHIFT... PUMP PUMP PUMP PUMP!... Whew! I managed to stop and was leery the rest of the way to work. The drive home 12 hours later was exciting as well... 10 to 15 miles an hour and pumping like crazy when I started to get to where I would have to stop. <shaking head sadly> I guess I shouldn't complain, the truck is 20 years old and it was a rough winter. <shrug>
Anyway... I was up early today to take my truck in to get the brakes fixed. I had to drag my darling wife Val out of bed to follow me and give me a ride home while the truck was being fixed. It was supposed to be done before 3:00 this afternoon (closing time for the shop on Saturdays). They called me at a little after 1:00 to tell me it was ready to pick up. $$$$$$ BIG BUCKS $$$$$$$ *sigh* I paid, then hopped in my truck to head home and discovered the ABS light was on and didn't go off.... I turned the truck around and went right back to the shop. After much poking and prodding they found the test port and got the error code... looked it up and discovered that there was a leak that they didn't catch earlier... back up on the rack to fix the leaking line.. replace it actually. Waiting waiting waiting... I never have really much cared for waiting. My wife Val had already driven home after we picked the truck up (the first time) I told her to just stay.. I'd wait.
Replaced the line but the ABS light was still on... bringing the truck back in Monday morning first thing (it was well past the closing time at this point).. to have the sensors replaced.. damn.
Brakes on the other hand were and are working fine again. <shrug> Home, picked up my baby, then on to the grocer for the much delayed errands to be run today. Home again afterwards and prepared dinner... consumed said dinner... cleaned up afterwards and even though it was rather cold out here locally today I was JONESIN' BAD to get my swing on! I told Val that I was going to run down the street and detect a couple of school yards before dark.
WOOHOO~!! Now I was really not expecting to find much, at either school really, as they had just been renovated (the playgrounds completely razed and replaced) last fall. But I was getting to swing my detector and at least look for stuff. Found just over a dollar and a half in coins at the fist school yard... and a ring. Cool! It was a little gaudy, I was thinking it was costume jewelry for sure, so I just chucked it in my finds bag to check out later. On to the next school yard and twilight was upon me with the light fading fast as the sun set on the horizon. Again, another renovated playground and didn't expect to find much ... and didn't... just a few more coins... between the two school yards I didn't even clear $2.00... but as it was less than even a mile from my house I didn't really burn much gas going and coming so it's not a big deal... I GOT TO DETECT~ <smiling>
Upon returning home I pulled that little ring out and cleaned it up a bit... enough to see that it was in fact silver! WOOHOO! with a CZU set. I still think it's a little gaudy, but my wife actually kind of liked this ring. She does get first option on any rings I dig up while detecting. <shrug> I have to clean them up first of course. <grin>
This little ring makes the third ring I've found this week... hell... this year even! And all three have been silver. <doing the happy dance> SILVER! <grin>
And on top of all that the University Of Kentucky's Mens Basketball team won the playoff game tonight with Notre Dame! Tough game... barely squeaked by with a 2 point win... but a win is a win... still undefeated 38-0 on the season. They're partying down on campus tonight! Not me though, I'm old I guess, All I'm thinking about is finishing up this post and going to bed. Maybe getting in some more swing time tomorrow!???
Here are a few pics of the latest find... And as always... Happy Hunting~!

Attachments

• IMG_2007.JPG
    IMG_2007.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2006.JPG
    IMG_2006.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2011.JPG
    IMG_2011.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2012.JPG
    IMG_2012.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 7

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking ring!!

Must have felt good after the long day....

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frodov you deserve some nice finds like this after the week you've had. Congratulations on that Kentucky win. What a Game.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rings are very exciting, nice find, good work.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice looking ring! Congrats! A little swing time is a lot better than none!

Glad also you are around to tell the story. Our 98' F150 at lest did me the favor of not scaring the bee gee's out of me when the brake line failed, twice. Once in the driveway foot goes all the way to the floor as I'm about to put it in reverse.
The second time at the bank drive thru, used the e-brake to park it in a space and called the repair shop.

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring bud, I take pics of my finds with my iPhone all the time hears a trick I learned off the enternet take a mag glass and put it as close to the lens as you can then take your pic works beautiful, then you can crop your pic and make it even closer, try it you'll be expressed.....

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring! That should ease the pain of your rough day. And best of all UK is STILL IN THE PURSUIT OF PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOWNES IS A BEAST AND THE HARRISON'S WERE CLUTCH WHEN IT MATTERED THE MOST!!!!!!!!!!!!! BBN! GO CATS!!!

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
It did actually. Just getting in a little swing time was therapeutic... finding anything is a bonus... finding SILVER is a bonus bonus! <smile>

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frodov , Hey Welcome Back ! I think this is the first post I've seen for you in like 3 years - I have missed your amazing
detecting adventures ! Nice finds , Don't be a stranger !

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice.
I would say you've had yourself an awesome week.

One silver is great. Three silvers in one week is fantastic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread