🥇 BANNER Plate Plate Plate!!!! Cincinnati Ohio

borntohunt460

Jul 30, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this is one of those finds you see other people dig up on YouTube but never expect to really find one yourself. Well today it happened, I grabbed one of my great white Buffaloes!!! Lol ..The day started by getting rejected at a few places but because of perseverance I ended up at a 1850s mansion in Cincinnati. Right next to that beautiful red brick side of the house I blindly wrapped my hands around this plate at every bit of 8 inches. The dirt is still moist so please advise on how I should clean this since I'm not finding relics like this every day.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 58

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A wonderful and excitingly beautiful find! Congrats on your banner, well deserved!

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A US plate would be awesome enough, but you managed to dig an OVM!

Great job!

~Tejaas~

strycker

Mar 26, 2013
Winchester, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD, White's TDI, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a super plate! Congrats on finding that one. I'd suggest only light toothbrush as well to knock off the dirt. Too much cleaning and you'll regret it. Dirt and patina are good things.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Riker case? For the time being, I guess, but that beauty is more deserving of a 6 x 9 walnut case on a black velvet background. Then socked in a safe! Give ol' Troy Futral a call at 334.821.5823. He's good as gold, with great prices.

Discrimination Dave

Sep 18, 2008
Primary Interest:
Other
Dime to a dollar that nail slid in from the top.
He was reinforcing his tired, worn leather at the holes.
lost the whole belt when those things didnt mean as much back then.

I really enjoyed this one and thanks for the GREAT full pictures.

Last edited:

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro AT, Garrett Propointer+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a great find! Treasure it!!!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on finding a great piece of history that can now be preserved for others to see and learn from. Had you not found the plate it would have continued to decay only to eventually disappear. Great recovery and a great big congratulations to you sir.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So this is one of those finds you see other people dig up on YouTube but never expect to really find one yourself. Well today it happened, I grabbed one of my great white Buffaloes!!! Lol ..The day started by getting rejected at a few places but because of perseverance I ended up at a 1850s mansion in Cincinnati. Right next to that beautiful red brick side of the house I blindly wrapped my hands around this plate at every bit of 8 inches. The dirt is still moist so please advise on how I should clean this since I'm not finding relics like this every day.

/QUOTE]

Booyahh!!

Nicely done.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread