First Ring

majik

Oct 4, 2004
Hey all,
After reading all your posts ,(espically yours Onion) I knew I had to turn my Disc. down and go at these beaches again ;)
I was just learning my machine this fall when the snow flew, so just been gettig out here and there the last couple weeks. ground is still frozen about 4 inches down, but there is some digging :D

I found a small childs sterling ring, one nickel, and half of a very old cap gun(basically a lump of rust) and the usual 1000 pull tabs, nails,staples, ect,ect
the ring is butterfly with mother of pearl wings. it has a WM or MW stamp on it any ideas?
i do not have a camera, but I scanned it in you can kinda see it HH Majik

Attachments

• Scan018, February 24, 2005 (Medium).jpg
    Scan018, February 24, 2005 (Medium).jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Excellent! You can always cut or crop the part of the pic you want to post and resize it for detail to your liking.

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
:) Nice find, (Thanks to Onion) I to have started running with the DISC, down and i,m having more luck.Makes me think i need to go back on some old sites.HH

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Looks like your in the range to finding that gold now! it's just a matter of time! Congratulations on your first ring! I still remember mine like it was yesterday!

HH, Onion

D

Darod

Good job! The first one is always special whether it's real or not!

Great work.

If you need help with the image work just email me and I'll help ya out.

Rod

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Finds Majik.

Attachments

• index_edited.jpg
    index_edited.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 208
V

Vingamel

Congrats! By the way, in the picture, it looks like the ring is made of silver. What do you think?

W

Wanabee

Great find. Now you know for sure that they are out there. Found my first one for this year just last Monday. HH

OP
OP
M

majik

Oct 4, 2004
Thanx all it was a thrill

Rtde3 I live in a small moutain town in Mt. with a big lake, the tourists are packed in the 4 campgrounds around the lake from memorial day till labor day, and all the campgrounds have beaches to swim at. I just know they have some jewelery hidden ;) ;D

Darod I just might have to e-mail ya as i am a computer idiot and my teacher ( my teenage daughter) is awawy at school. I am playing with it though and might have it. thanx for the offer ;D

Hey Jeff what is with the red box next to this topic? again thanx all HAPPY HUNTING majik

J

Jim Cal

Good find! If you are finding rings, especially small ones, you must be doing something right. Keep hittin those spots and you'll find lots of other good stuff. Jim Cal

OP
OP
M

majik

Oct 4, 2004
Rtde3 ?I found it on land ?the lake is still frozen solid ?in fact i saw a guy out on the ice fishing ?with his truck parked not 5 feet from him ( on the ice) CRAZY ?:o ? so i am really pushing winter here still.
The beach i am hunting right now is in the sun all day and i can dig about 5 or 6 inches before it gets frozen. so lots of targets i can't dig yet ? can't wait till spring :o ?i do intend to get in the water as soon as i can. wich reminds me i was wondering if anyone had used their md ?in a hot springs....do you think the hot ?or mineralized water will mess with my md? I have a killer site i intend to hunt this spring :o ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? HH Majik

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread