first official outing for the year

Fingerlakes119

Aug 16, 2013
Finger Lakes Region Of NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Profind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather is finally getting nicer in upstate NY. My oldest son and I decided to take a trip to visit his younger brother at college in Pa. so we could detect together. The younger had been detecting the past week near his college so off we went. We get there and he had done a lot of research of an old town that is no longer there. He had a binder with aerial photos from various years to compare to the current state. It was great information. I was proud of the work he had put into this. We get to the location and soon find out the ground is frozen solid. My oldest had brought his T handled relic shovel that he recently got for his birthday. It was the only way you could dig in that location due to the frozen ground. After an hour and a few relics we decided to go to a nearby park, so we all could dig hoping the ground would be softer. Well we spent a few hours there finding some clad and a few wheat cents and called it a day. On the way home to NY my oldest and I stopped to detect at a different location. I started to find a number of wheat cents, a 1925 buffalo nickel and then my son found a few wheat cents and a 1901 barber dime. At the same time my son in Pa was hunting his honey hole and called to say he had just found a pocket watch, a 1901 Indian Head cent and later a silver ring. I was strange we all started to find some nice finds at the same time, but we were not all together as we had hoped we would have been. Overall the day ended up great with time with family and some detecting fun. I only have photos of my finds. They may post theirs later

George

3-29-15.JPG

Upvote 7

frostdigger

Jan 1, 2013
Col. Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350, Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT gold, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, that's awesome that all of you made some nice finds. I think it would be a blast to have a family that all shared the same hobby. Happy hunting

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great day! Spending time with your boys and all those finds add up to priceless memories. Congrats!

Happy Hunting!

Banjoben

Greenie
Dec 27, 2014
Southern Tier N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the southern Fingerlakes region myself. I'm impatiently waiting for the ground to thaw (Then solidify enough to not be soup). I have several ideas of places I want to detect, but have not secured the ok on them yet. I didn't want to ask way in advance. Pretty neat finds you got. I hope to be posting some goodies myself soon. Maybe we can do a hunt sometime this summer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread