Searching for that Looney money

vilechild

Jan 20, 2015
Upstate, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is my 5th time at a family owned mill house, been looking for a Looney coin (mill token). Still working on the top layer of trash to get to the deeper stuff. Take for the day was a pile of clad pennies, one wheatie, a brass nozzle water pipe thingy, a clay marble?, Briggs and Stratton lawnmower key, a couple hot wheel type cars, end of some kind of brush, one knife (stainless steel), some kind of tab, and an I'd bracelet ( not sure if gold or plated, going to have it checked tomorrow.

Attachments

• 1427764481022.jpg
    1427764481022.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 2

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep digging its out there. Just a matter of time.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I know the little town that you are talking about. Smittyman and I went there last year. We visited the museum, and saw the mill money, they actually had the dies that the money was made with (mouth watering at the thought of finding a die). We hunted the place all day, to no avail. We were told that some lady that lived in the town had been metal detecting it for many years.

Good luck on your hunt, I would really like to see one of those tokens appear.

OP
OP
vilechild

vilechild

Jan 20, 2015
Upstate, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the little town that you are talking about. Smittyman and I went there last year. We visited the museum, and saw the mill money, they actually had the dies that the money was made with (mouth watering at the thought of finding a die). We hunted the place all day, to no avail. We were told that some lady that lived in the town had been metal detecting it for many years.

Good luck on your hunt, I would really like to see one of those tokens appear.

The one I'm at doesn't have a museum, I live close to 3 or 4 that have been around since the late 1800's or early 1900's. I have a picture of one from the net of the the one I'm looking for.

Attachments

• 1427894616491.jpg
    1427894616491.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 65

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a "loonie" coin for ya....
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427915077.078009.jpg
And there's plenty more where that came from! Haha

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one I'm at doesn't have a museum, I live close to 3 or 4 that have been around since the late 1800's or early 1900's. I have a picture of one from the net of the the one I'm looking for.
Are you sure it doesn't have a museum? I thought I saw one after I crossed the lake on the left. Woman was out searching for those dies. She had a ATpro wearing an Orange shirt. You sure you know where you live? I do lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread