Buried Brick Road?

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today while detecting the area of a trading post from the early 1800's, I got a penny signal on my Deus. As I started to dig it up, I realized I was hitting something large and solid. It became clear that it was a brick, and it was stuck in some concrete with various stones stuck in it. The brick says "Metropolitan Block" which is apparently a paving stone. Oddly enough it was the only one, not connected to others in the form of a road. Anyone have some insight?

IMG_0603.PNG

Upvote 5

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could only afford 1 becacuse of Budget cuts .

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you didn't retrieve the penny signal, it could be that was the marker for their goodies, under the brick?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Could be debris. Road probably was graded after each muddy season. Could have even been used for a bootscraper somewhere.
A support for a moved watering trough ect., hard telling.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might lead to an underground bunker full of gold or grave marker for a pet. ???

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most probably fell off a dump truck on it's way to dump along a creek bank as erosion control. I found many in a creek bed and along the side in an area that they created a reservoir for drinking water. It was dammed up in the 20's.

lloydmoser

Sep 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading all this conversation, I have got a doubt, as to why just one is buried, attached to a large chunk of old concrete. I just hope no other human harm could have been done, as this brick looks slightly heavy and can badly injure anybody if falls on them. before going for construction people should contact to Professional Paving contractors like driveway paving gaithersburg md, paving contractors montgomery county md from their Website and get information about how to deal with the situation.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw 2 of those bricks on Ebay selling for $14
I guess, one brick would go for $7.
The shipping cost is probably more than $7.
Now if that brick was Yellow, I would call Dorothy.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice looking relic find! :occasion14:

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like diggin old bricks that have words on them,they display nicely as bookends etc.bricks are like anything else found at an old trash pit or house site, there is a scattering of cast iron stove parts, porcelain shards, and random pieces of everything else. Chances are, if you dug several more holes within a fifty foot radius, you may find another brick or two.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know here in Michigan lots of fill dirt gets brought in to job sites and lots of job sites also dump debris worth digging a little deeper!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread