Finally the Winter has broken, Luckily all the finds were not broken!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Finally got a decent day out to do a bit of privy digging. Don and I had set out to do a pit that dated to the 1890's on a vacant lot in town. Got permission from the land owner and off we go:headbang:. So Don got to the pit a little earlier than me and had already started to head towards China:tongue3:. I finished up at work and when I arrived I saw that Don was already about 4 feet down and standing right on top of the beginning of the Use Layer. :thumbsup: I thought what the heck, I kinda like this way of doing things. He digs and I enjoy the spoils:laughing7:. So he started into the layer of love( well dirty dirt is what I call it) and he starts pulling out some pot pieces and some mason jars that were broke. Then the whole ones start to show their faces after 120 years of dirty slumber.:icon_thumright:

First fairly whole bottle was a crown top quart from Grand Rapids Minnesota. Too bad the top has some damage but a good start in any case. Then comes a couple of hutches and some broke whiskey JOJO flasks. Some small doll head scares the crap out of me( good thing we were already in a privy:laughing7:). Those darn things are freaky. Back to the pit, and Don pulls out a real cool amber Paul Jones Whiskey with a glass seal from Louisville. I love that style of bottle. Nice embossing too. Then I get my crack at it( No, my pants are up and I'm not a plumber8-)) I finally pull out a great Amber CW Arnold quart blob beer. Only my second one ever found. Pretty scarce bottle in Amber. That was great but we were not quite done yet. So we kept at it and found a couple crown top Muessel Brothers beers and a Duffy's malt liquor. Nothing earth shattering there but what the heck. Nice in either case. Then I was at the base of the pit and out pops three hutches. They are heavy and most times make it to the bottom of the privy. :hello2: So now we were on our way back up from around 6 feet or so and collapsing the walls in checking for hangers. Out pops a perfect amber Sanfords cone ink. Sweet way to end this pit and end a nice spring day after work! So after we filled the privy in I always poke around for close by privies and low and behold there is another pit a few feet away. So maybe our luck can continue on the next trip out.8-) So here is to another tip of the hat to ole man winter and it finally receding to the north. Hope this spring continues to shine luck on all treasure hunters. Be safe out there and I hope you enjoy the pictures attached. Sweet Digging, jgas

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 158
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 147
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 167
  • w4.jpg
    w4.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 147
  • w5.jpg
    w5.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 158
  • w10.jpg
    w10.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 136
  • w9.jpg
    w9.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 148
  • w8.jpg
    w8.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 163
  • w7.jpg
    w7.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 145
  • w6.jpg
    w6.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 159
  • w11.jpg
    w11.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 135
  • w12.jpg
    w12.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 141
  • w13.jpg
    w13.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 16

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you have to check and see if those bottles were from gay bottlers before deciding on if you take them from the hole, since they are Indiana blobs?!?!?!? LOL:tongue3:

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
E you crack me up my man.., Yes Governor Pence approved! Ha

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like seeing you bottles and digging holes. Leave a space before putting up :laughing7::thumbsup::dontknow: these guys .

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yo jgas, cool dig my friend. Glad to see you moving some dirt around. You got some good finds there including that nice little ink at the end. Is that brass knuckles I see? Here's what we know about these folks, they liked to drink and they were literate, and wasn't scared to fight either. Great dig and thanks mucho grande for the in situ shots as always. May your back be strong and your shovel be dirty-Bass

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the bottles! Especially like the brown cone.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome digs! Nice bottle finds and brass knuckles too!
No crack of dawn, that's a good thing! Lol!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops forgot, nice Paul Jones Whiskey! Great find in that color.

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the replies, and oops yes I forgot to put the space on the little faces! Ha. Hope to get out again soon. Thanks for looking. jgas

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My home was built in 1850,,, I have found 2 of the outhouses so far,,,Still trying to locate the rest.

Bad part is the water,,,
When I tried to dig the first I only got like 3 feet down and the water cane rolling in,, and it was beginning to look good too.
With lots of broken glass and plates. The other one I think is more recent as it has a cement "frame" at ground level. But it may be old,, just reused or something.

Been doing a LOT of probing too,,, I have a few promising places that make that wonderful sound when the probe goes thru a layer.

Hit

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are any of you privy diggers sifting as you go - my friend found a bunch of coins/etc that way...

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread