Well, ok, maybe I need to do a rethink about fields.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FINAL UPDATE: See below

I'm not going to make this post long. It speaks for itself.

But, I'll explain this much. I needed to go to the store this past evening so I took my ATP with me, figuring to stop by a school on the way home.
I got caught up in traffic. A conveyor belt moved faster! By the time I was off the belt, there was just a short time before dark. I still wanted to
scratch the itch but I didn't have time to go to any of my usual spots. Guess where I was close to though? Yep, the cornfield. LOL
I said what the *&%#! And figured a walk until dark wouldn't hurt. (about two hours).

I had my usual hour and a half of cr*p. Convinced that I was right about my decision on cornfields. THEN.....

2015 (148).JPG 2015 (149).JPG 2015 (150).JPG 2015 (151).JPG 2015 (152).JPG 2015 (153).JPG 2015 (154).JPG 2015 (155).JPG 2015 (156).JPG 2015 (157).JPG
2015 (158).JPG

Silver in the back, gold in the front. :dontknow:

But that ain't all! ALL of these finds came out of basically two holes! About 5 feet apart! This was in the same area I have been searching.
I hunted until I just couldn't anymore. I did EVERY trick I knew! I hunted circles out from the two holes, beside them, along the same row, the next and the next on both sides, even dug the holes out to see if it might've been the tip of an iceberg. Nothing else was found! Feast or famine was never truer!

Now, I'll say just one thing more:

For all those who have been reading this, waiting for the APRIL FOOLS!!! Well, the joke is on them! Because this is NOT a joke!
There is no one more surprised than me!

Gotta do some sleeping and some thinking!! :icon_scratch:
I'll see if these finds are still here in the morning. Someone pinch me! :dontknow:

Last edited:
Upvote 17

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a Sweet hunt!! Bet you don't feel any different about hunting those fields. Lol

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well well well, looks like someone found the hotspot of his field!, id concentrate on that section, if that was there theres bound to be more!, are the rings silver/gold? and what is the big coin?

Congrats!!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you got some of everything! Is that a 2 center I see? Work your magic cleaning them and post more pics please! Hope the site will be as interesting and good to you as Chris's has been to him.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there are pockets that you stumble on from time to time. Great finds

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, I am speechless, (not,) and amazed at your discoveries, super congrats! Please tell if the rings were all in one spot and the coins in another, that would make sense. If they were all together (newer rings and older coins/buttons) then that is a baffling mystery for sure. Jewelry dumps usually are the result of (A) Tossed by a thief on the run, (B) Tornado toss (C) Auto wreck with contents flying everywhere, or (D) Buried for safekeeping by owner...Crazy wonderful day for you and a long time coming, enjoy! PS: ID those coins for us all, please. Sub 8-)

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, I am speechless, (not,) and amazed at your discoveries, super congrats! Please tell if the rings were all in one spot and the coins in another, that would make sense. If they were all together (newer rings and older coins/buttons) then that is a baffling mystery for sure. Jewelry dumps usually are the result of (A) Tossed by a thief on the run, (B) Tornado toss (C) Auto wreck with contents flying everywhere, or (D) Buried for safekeeping by owner...Crazy wonderful day for you and a long time coming, enjoy! PS: ID those coins for us all, please. Sub 8-)

Yeah, like I said up there, they were all found in basically two holes. About 5 feet apart.
Let me add one way the jewelry spills might happen. A couple taking a "nature" walk through a cornfield one fine Summer's day. ;) I noticed the difference in ages too.

The coins are 4 IH's, a shield nickle(not much detail but I recognize the pattern), and a toasted copper. probably a LC.

Who knew? :dontknow:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, like I said up there, they were all found in basically two holes. About 5 feet apart.
Let me add one way the jewelry spills might happen. A couple taking a "nature" walk through a cornfield one fine Summer's day. ;) I noticed the difference in ages too.

The coins are 4 IH's, a shield nickle(not much detail but I recognize the pattern), and a toasted copper. probably a LC.

I knew! Lol keep the faith with them fields, I'd spread out 50 feet in each direction of those finds, ya just might be surprised

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that "itch" certainly got scratched! "Happy" April Fools day to you! Lol! Your the only one I know that could pull that off on April 1st! and come out shinning on the other side!
Congrats! I am very happy for you! Guess Blingie and Fishy are doing the happy dance!

The cufflink looks interesting, and a button looks like it still has gilt on it. Nicely done!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"Nature Walk" Hilarious! :laughing7: I understand "disrobing," but can't fathom "disringing..."

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a beaut of a bunch of finds! I am impressed by the Jewelry, the ages of the coins, but especially that you found a whole cufflink that old in a plowed field!
How did that thing escape? Nice and WTG!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a bunch of sweet finds. Nice coins and jewelry! GL&HH.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that "itch" certainly got scratched! "Happy" April Fools day to you! Lol! Your the only one I know that could pull that off on April 1st! and come out shinning on the other side!

Ya know? You ought to put up a post of all those gold bars you found. Today might be the only day Murphy would believe you! :)

It's coming Ms Beep, it's coming.

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why did you have such a negative opinion on fields to begin with - especially after all the great finds posted here found in old farm fields - 95 percent of my old coins are from fields.....

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why did you have such a negative opinion on fields to begin with - especially after all the great finds posted here found in old farm fields - 95 percent of my old coins are from fields.....

My negativity stems from being unable to walk fields like I could when I was younger. I don't have a bad feeling about what might be found in fields. It's just not worth it for me. They are just plain too much work for such tiny amount of finds. It's just that I am tired of working. I did enough for two lifetimes, so, now, I just want to enjoy. When I'm fighting the fields just to walk, it's too much for me. I've had fair success in the fields. I KNOW what can be lying ANYwhere under the ground.

Call me lazy if it helps, but, the work in fields are something I just don't plan on doing very often. Good news for those who do fields. More for them! :)

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update:

Just in case anyone was wondering, I didn't find a spot with untold riches and am just being quiet.

I went back to the field and tore up that section again! I mean, I even dug a few small/blind trenches just to be sure! :)

Just a fluke day, those two holes. It happens. Didn't change my feelings on the field one iota. Wonderful day/spot that's all. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread