Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Saturday was my first official hunt of the year. I got the new AT pro pointer, which I love. Took it to a park near my grandparents' that used to have a 19th century house on it and found these:

saturday.jpg

The first appears to be costume jewelry, but the pendant is ceramic and to me looks older than the bracelet itself. The gold bracelet is made by Monet, which makes costume jewelry as well, but this rang in a solid 53-54, which on the Pro is gold/nickel/thin aluminum. It's also heavier than it looks, but I have yet to find a purity mark anywhere. The coin is a holed 1942 British half crown, so first silver of the year :) even though it's only 50% content.

Today, I explored an old unused railroad grade that still had standing telegraph towers along it. I was hoping to find some fallen insulators for some craft projects. I did find some nice split halves, and what I think is a signal number sign that I plan to repaint. The round thing I believe to be a vintage wagon wheel.

today.jpg

Looking to further explore both places again this spring/summer. The wife and I have bought our first house, a great fully-upgraded 2-story in a picturesque neighborhood near Bethlehem, PA. Can't wait to close and move in!

Upvote 4

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet you could glue that insulator together if it is a matched half. You could probably wrap some copper wire around the waist of it to hold it together and make it look good at the same time.

I just got that PP and I can't see any initial "wants" that I have for it. It took me some time to get used to not holding down the button when I was ready to turn it off when I used it earlier in the week for the first time.

OP
OP
cti4sw

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bet you could glue that insulator together if it is a matched half. You could probably wrap some copper wire around the waist of it to hold it together and make it look good at the same time.

I just got that PP and I can't see any initial "wants" that I have for it. It took me some time to get used to not holding down the button when I was ready to turn it off when I used it earlier in the week for the first time.

I did find the other half to one of the splits I got, but it's chipped in so many places... plus I went out there looking for craft project material. I'm gonna turn these insulator pieces into wall sconces and then sell the pair to a collector.

Personally I like the PP's retune feature, you tap the button once and it re-balances the coil. If your target left some residual mineralization (etc) it eliminates that, and if there's another target, it narrows down its direction in the hole so you're not making a mess trying to find it.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us

Top Member Reactions