May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally have enough thawed ground and its not raining today so I took my new toy out and got her dirty today . First of all I have watched about 100 videos on youtube read tony sabisch book three times and read everything here I can on the etrac in preparation for this day . Wow was it not enough LOL.
All kidding aside it is a pretty big jump from my AT Pro to this machine . I have nothing bad to say about my At but I was looking for some more dept and target separation . So I took the leap . As per everyones suggestion I ran the stock coin program and +3 on the sensitivity .
It is a whole new world of sounds and numbers and blips that you cant appreciate till you actually experience it .
I started off today in a yard I have pounded probably 15 times with my At and managed to pull 2 wheats at a measured 8 inches that were surrounded by nails . I wasn't sure what they were going to be when I dug them but I knew I heard a high tone peeking through .
Then I moved to a old abandoned school that I have never done before looking for more targets . So I could hear more good tones and start to learn them . By time I was done I ended up with a Boy Scout Bobcat pin , a solid brass 12 ga shotgun shell , 58,54,and 45 cal musket balls , cow ear tag , funny acorn shaped .925 whatsit , child sized thimble and toe tap . Clad amounting to $3.07 to the gas fund and 11 wheats ranging from 1911-1958. No silver coins but did hit a .925 whatsit . No to bad for a first ever run with a new machine . Oh ya and I dug about a pound of trash 100_0493.JPG 100_0494.JPG 100_0500.JPG 100_0502.JPG 100_0503.JPG 100_0504.JPG

Upvote 5

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to see and read that you're enjoying your new detector, The weather is getting better, I hear the dirt fish jumping...

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey I too have jumped from the atpro to the etrac, ive jumped right in the water, ive ran andy s coin shooting setting in manual sensitivity set at 25, I got about 20 hrs in on mine, things start to make sense after a couple uses

good luck with it!!

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NICE mix of targets. Looks like you're getting that ETrac figured out. HH

beez0404