Three new permissions to hunt this weekend and this happens!!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got permission to hunt on three properties this weekend. Two mill houses built in 1927, with postage stamp sized yards. The third built in 1900 with a good sized yard. I never even finished hunting the first of the three yards. I was working the first yard and had found a modern quarter and 8 wheat pennies all dated in the 40s when all of a sudden the screen on my Deus went crazy. Flashing quickly through every program I have on the machine. I turned it off, waited a couple minutes and turned it back on and it ended on a program screen and froze up. Couldn't do a thing. This was supposed to have been solved with the new coil they sent me which I got in Monday. And it did for a few days. Then BANG, messed up again. How did this make me feel?

boobs_131967405869.jpg

I'm headed out this afternoon to swing my old trusty (never broke down) Minelab X-Terra 30 with which I broke my silver coin maidenhead with last year when I first started metal detecting.

Hope everyone had a more productive weekend then I did. Anxious to see how XP handles this ongoing problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear about your XP troubles Beez. I have never had the flashing screen issue but there has been a couple times it froze up. It seemed to happen on some of my own programs so maybe I had some settings conflicting that it didn't like.

Hope you get it worked out.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel your pain.. Had to sen my primary detector in for repair (expect it to be delivered Tuesday). I have been using my spare, a Whites Classic. Pulled 22.19 in clad for the weekend. Oldest coin was a 58 nickle. Can't wait until Tuesday!!!

Hope you get the issue resolved. I'd go stir crazy if I couldnt dirt fish on the weekends.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That pic pretty much sums it up...unless you could find one with a death grip on a technicians' neck, lol. Hope you get some satisfaction very soon.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That really would send me over the edge. Hope they get it fixed and back to you soon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions