kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy all,

Got out yesterday for my first hunt of the season. I've been scouting some places and one is a middle school right by where my fiancee lives. Spent around 6 hours there, the mosquitoes are already a problem here in Dallas and I didn't even have any mosquito spray with me. I was using the G2, usually on my first hunt in a new place just to gauge it I'll disc out almost everything but the very high VDI numbers and see what kind of years are on the coins and what depth.

I set my disc at +78, my sens at 100 but halfway through dropped it down to 80 and my ground balance was 43. Between the softballs and soccer fields I dug the 4 wheat pennies, from 1939-1957. All were around 5-7 inches. The dirt here is packed black dirt, almost clay-like so the coins didn't sink down far and it tarnishes silver.

A couple of hours in got my first solid +84 at 2 inches and out popped the 1964 Rosie, 1st silver on the board! Another couple of hours pass and I'm getting a bouncing +86-89 at 4-5 inches and it turned out to be a 1958 Washington this was on edge, accounting for the little bit of bounce. Very next target was 2 feet away and a +83 at 0-1 inch and out popped the silver ring. It's a knot ring and on the inside is stamped 'AVERY STER' so I was very happy with the hunt.

Now, I need to go back and dig everything so I can finally look for some gold there! I did spend a bit of time down in the 60s on my disc, lots of can slaw from the lawn mowers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    705.8 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    798.7 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 8
OP
OP
kleinerschmitter

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm, well that's annoying, sorry the pictures are off by 90 degrees, I swear I uploaded them upright!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check your ring. Ive sold one exactly like it before. I can't remember who made it but there should be a mark inside of it besides 925. It's I think it's worth like $80-ish is it Tiffany? Or i'm not really sure I can't remember the name off the top of my head but it looks really familiar

Nm, I missed it in the post.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet digs :occasion14: ,won't do that good at any schools out here, silver is a rare thing anywhere out here basically :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread