Second War Nickel Of The Weekend

Fingerlakes119

Aug 16, 2013
Finger Lakes Region Of NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Profind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 1942 P war nickel Friday night and then Sunday while visiting my oldest son who lives in a nearby town, I found a 1944 P while detecting with him. Kind of weird 2 war nickels from 2 different locations in a matter of days.

HH George

4-13-2015.jpg

Attachments

• 4-13-15.jpg
    4-13-15.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 6

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff! One simply cannot call them-self a true TH-er until they find a war nickel!
Sort of a required coin!

Nice!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had weird experiences finding those for some reason. Couple of years ago I found one, on one day and another a couple of feet the next at the same house. Last year the only one I found was sitting on top of the ground and I didn't know it till I brought it home. My goal was to find at least one all year and I found it the last day/last hunt of the year. It was the the third silver coin I had ever found without a machine.

This year I found one on a lot that we had permission on. Five minutes later we were told to leave by the property caretaker.

Last edited:

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!!

That's how it usually goes, takes forever to find that "first" then they come left and right. Lol

I finally found my first war nickel last year then a couple weeks later found another. My next goal was to find a V nickel. Found my first one yesterday so I'm guessing I'll find another one of those soon. Lol

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats!!

That's how it usually goes, takes forever to find that "first" then they come left and right. Lol

I finally found my first war nickel last year then a couple weeks later found another. My next goal was to find a V nickel. Found my first one yesterday so I'm guessing I'll find another one of those soon. Lol

The only V nickels I have found has been in one location. Seems like the Indian heads are the same. I find perhaps one or two here and there, but the majority has been at the same places.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread