Sterling, bling and a buckle

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My silverless streak was going on what seemed like 6 months. (Probably closer to 3 weeks really.) Even though the forecast called for rain I decided to go to a regular spot close to my house. Found this sterling ring signed NYE which is apparently a Stuart Nye dogwood ring. They are far from rare as I found quite a few for sale on eBay. It's a little bent up but I think it could be fixed.

Also found this bling. When I pulled it out of the dirt the chain sure looked like gold. I don't know what this thing is supposed to be but it sure is weird looking. It seems odd to put a bulky piece on such a tiny chain. I broke the chain off trying to clean it. I don't think the chain is real gold and even if it was, it's so tiny it wouldn't be worth much.

The site I was hunting is not very old, so I have no reason to think this buckle is old. But since I know nothing about buckles, I thought I'd get some opinions from the experts. Any help would be appreciated. I forgot to include the quarter for size comparison, but the buckle is 2 3/4" x 2".

Last pic is of a RR spike "spill" I came across over the weekend. They were in some woods behind a field. I left them there.

Thanks for looking. HH.

Upvote 4

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet that ring was one Sweet sight!! Congrats!!

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
nice silver ring!

I found a piece a few years ago that had a similar flower.

Attachments

• Sept 21, 2009 (5).JPG
    Sept 21, 2009 (5).JPG
    187.5 KB · Views: 90

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Good going on the dogwood ring. I like that, as it is our NC state flower. Glad to see the dry spell end. GL&HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread