Another One Marked Off the Bucket List

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a site that I have hit hard last summer. It was a lot that had a house on it from prior to 1874 up through about 3 years ago. I pulled a 26 token cache, a few silver coins, about a half dozen wheats and over $10 in clad. The house burnt down and the school had bought the property. Last week they dug to install a new gas line from the main line to the new construction. When I went there yesterday they filled in the trench and deep holes. The terrain was rather rough, but I managed to dig 3 coins in an hour. 3 Wheats 1917,27, & 29. This gave me the notion that other old coins may have been disturbed and closer to the surface. I told my wife tonight that I was going to find silver as I left the house. They finished dozing the site level today. I dirt fished for about an hour. 1st coin a clad dime The 2nd coin, I knew was old. I could see a milky green color in the soil. Low and behold my 1st large cent (1881 I believe). The last coin was a copper penny. 3 coins and I consider it a great hunt.

20150416_190305.jpg 20150416_190328.jpg

Thanks for reading, liking and sharing the same obsession. :tongue3:

Upvote 22

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice LC! I've found 5 and none of them look near as good as yours! WTG!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread