Makro Racer bags me some silver and coins

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, with the glorious sunny day we had today I could not resist getting outdoors with the Makro Racer metal detector.

The destination was set at my usual pasture permission that recently had been producing lots of WW1 grenade and ordinance related bits and bobs.

I decided that today I would focus on a path that has been worn through the pasture over the years as dog walkers and ramblers have been going about their business. I hoped there would be a few coins and loses down there and I wasn't let down.

I managed a silver coin and some other bits and bobs which made for a massive change to the usual stuff.

I really feel that I am getting to grips with the Makro Racer now and I'm starting to learn the tones and numbers and interpret what it is telling me is underneath the coil.

The settings used today were ground balanced, three tone, gain at 85 and as recommended by forum members I lowered my usual id filter setting to 30, just in case I managed to wander over some gold.

Anyway here is the video, I hope you enjoy it.
https://youtu.be/VGjLZJ2sXDg
Happy hunting

Upvote 2

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great video. I've been wanting to see the race in the field hitting deep targets. Cheers, much appreciated

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many thanks for watching. Its a great detector for its price

Andy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions