Its taken five years but its a beauty!!!!!

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's taken five years but its a beauty!!!!!

Lately I have been hunting an old farmstead that dates back to the 1750s in a really old part of ct. My e-trac has been acting funny lately so I decided to try my luck with my ace 350. which I'm not a fan of at all. I wasn't having any luck with the field so I decided to move into the apple orchard. After four hours of digging up can after can and every shot gun shell in the tri state area. I come across some nice roundness in the hole. After I wiped off the dirt I almost had to pinch my self it was my first ct copper and she was beautiful. The year is 1787. I'm curious though any one know the variety? Thanks for looking. - Justin ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429389788.681256.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429389803.179823.jpg

Upvote 75

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Must have been thrilling to find that !! :treasurechest: :occasion14:

OP
OP
RelicDude

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you every one I couldn't be happier with this find. Now for the next find on my wanted list a double eagle flask. Ill be keeping my fingers crossed. So is that the I'd on the variety 33.29 z7?

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man that's gorgeous! A huge congratulations to you. Probably won't see another one in that condition and rarity for a long long time...if ever!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the beautiful old copper recovery!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Congratulations!

Steve

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of congrats, but nobody nominating for banner? I surely did. I mean c'mon - only 34-64 known to exist? It 35-65 now! :laughing7:

RelicDude, I hope you get a banner for this. WAY TO GO, BRO! :thumbsup:

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking coin,really nice shape:thumbsup:

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate looking to ID Conn's. Too many! Don nailed it! If you look close enough.....you can actually pick out the die crack in the finders coin, at the last "C" in Connec. Second cinquefoil, before Britania's head, is missing in the example I found to match the finders coin. But that is the only difference I see. OBVIOUSLY is the M33.29-z.7. I looked in "coinfacts" which has an example. This could be an early die state, because the finders coin has the cinquefoil, and the example in coinfacts has a bulge in the reverse where it should be. This would indicate a later example, and the die failing. The "U" is also more prevalent in the finders coin, as not so much in the coinfacts example. Pretty KOOL! Nice ID and wonderful example of Rarer variety Conn! This would be an example of a dug copper that a Conn. collector would want. CONGRATULATIONS! Hogge.

OP
OP
RelicDude

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate looking to ID Conn's. Too many! Don nailed it! If you look close enough.....you can actually pick out the die crack in the finders coin, at the last "C" in Connec. Second cinquefoil, before Britania's head, is missing in the example I found to match the finders coin. But that is the only difference I see. OBVIOUSLY is the M33.29-z.7. I looked in "coinfacts" which has an example. This could be an early die state, because the finders coin has the cinquefoil, and the example in coinfacts has a bulge in the reverse where it should be. This would indicate a later example, and the die failing. The "U" is also more prevalent in the finders coin, as not so much in the coinfacts example. Pretty KOOL! Nice ID and wonderful example of Rarer variety Conn! This would be an example of a dug copper that a Conn. collector would want. CONGRATULATIONS! Hogge.

Oh wow that is so cool thank you for the help. With over 300 varietys of cts I wouldnt even know where to begin to type it.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on that beautiful copper.Hope it turns out to be a rare variety for you.-HH

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think with that rarity and condition I could cross CT off the list!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions