Oswego County Road Trip

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit two parks today... Both along the river. First park produced the 2 Mercs and most of the clad. As you can see, the fertilizer was not kind to the coins. The second park produced a LOT of trash, a few clad coins, then the show stopper... Have no idea what this bullet is... If anyone can help, email me at: [email protected] The large copper disk, I thought was an old coin at first, but now I think it was just a knockout. Have no idea on the buckle either.

HH,

Upvote 6

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, that's one damn fine looking Barber quarter! What's the mintmark?

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs . Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures with us

OP
OP
GoGoGopher

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
S is the Mintmark on a 1909...

HH,

OP
OP
GoGoGopher

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The more I stare at that copper disc, the more it looks like another matron head large cent... :thumbsup:
2 for the year

HH,

bellamystation

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May I ask what parks you visited? Does no one ever approach you and say you shouldn't be digging in a city/county park? Just curious, my husband hunted in some parks in FL with no problems and was wondering where he could go in Oswego County. Thanks!

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
May I ask what parks you visited? Does no one ever approach you and say you shouldn't be digging in a city/county park? Just curious, my husband hunted in some parks in FL with no problems and was wondering where he could go in Oswego County. Thanks!

I think he means Oswego County, NY, a little up Rt. 81 from Syracuse. I found my Copper Culture awl/harpoon in Oswego County (Pulaski).

Nice finds!

bellamystation

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he means Oswego County, NY, a little up Rt. 81 from Syracuse. I found my Copper Culture awl/harpoon in Oswego County (Pulaski).

Nice finds!

Yes, we live in Oswego County, NY now (Minetto actually) and weren't sure if we could do city or county parks without breaking any laws. We weren't sure what parks would be good. Any suggestions? Thanks!

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet day at the office, with 3 silvers and an old copper. You may know it already, but old Barber quarters are quite collectable when they are in top condition. Be careful with your cleaning methods when you see a BQ that's in great shape.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
What a nice hunt with some beautiful coins. Ya did good...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread