Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. I must be in one of those slumps the old timers talk about. Haven't found much at all this year. I decided to go out for a couple hours this morning in the showers we were having. Only finds were an early 1800's flat button and a splatted old round ball. If old splatted lead was worth much, I'd be rich lol. Still like finding it though for some reason. Thanks for looking.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429546073.531946.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429546191.390374.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429546248.627599.jpg

Upvote 12

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, if you fill a 5 gallon bucket with old splattered lead, you might have enough scrap to buy a new pinpointer :thumb_up:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey that's a nice button!, beautiful scenery in those pics, your "slump" just means your gonna be on fire next time out

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep pluggin Dude everyone has a slow day..Just getting out there and enjoying nature is a part of it also..

~Blaze~

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you did better than me yesterday ! Haha not hard to beat my takes, was totally rained out on Sunday, wanted to go bad !

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And by the way, I know how you are with the buttons and coppers, I'm sure that button made your day, it's a nice early one too!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. I must be in one of those slumps the old timers talk about. Haven't found much at all this year.

It might be time to reconsider where you're hunting. One definition of insanity is to do something the same way, over and over and expecting a different result. ;)

It's kind of funny, but when I go out I'm always a little bit excited to see what the "exit find" for today is going to be. I gotta admit, sometimes, it can be a single, lowly zincoln. But, if it's the only good find, then, it is what it is. :) What I've found to be the case almost every time is that there's always one "special" find for the day. Like your flat button.

You already know it'll turn around. Just need to do a little more research, something will turn up. I mean, the difference can be a mere inch or two. Between finding that war nickel right in front of you or having someone else find it for you. Zag when you should've zigged and presto! A banner day! :)

Keep on keeping on. I'm planning a visit to your area sometime in the near future, maybe betwixt the 2 or 3 of us, we can make a good day happen.

Keep on keeping on. :)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I guess a little something is better than nothing, but that little can sure wear thin quickly. Best of luck on the next hunt may it bring something to scratch the itch.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice flat button Dave.

You know the drill, sometimes you are the dog and sometimes you are the hydrant! The scenery is really nice, and I bet you didn't have to push mow the joint before hunting it either!

Hang in there brother, we all have little slow spells. GL&HH!

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually find the fired round balls and bullets far more interesting than the dropped ones. Just the idea that it was actually fired at something/someone gets the imagination going. At lease for me. So I vote...NICE FINDS!:occasion14:

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, if you fill a 5 gallon bucket with old splattered lead, you might have enough scrap to buy a new pinpointer :thumb_up:

I haven't quite found that much Steve, lol.

Hey that's a nice button!, beautiful scenery in those pics, your "slump" just means your gonna be on fire next time out

Thanks Chris.

Keep pluggin Dude everyone has a slow day..Just getting out there and enjoying nature is a part of it also..

~Blaze~

You are right JB. Getting out is the best part of this hobby.

Looks like you did better than me yesterday ! Haha not hard to beat my takes, was totally rained out on Sunday, wanted to go bad !

Believe me, CRM...I have had much worse days lol. Hopefully the weather cooperates for you soon.

And by the way, I know how you are with the buttons and coppers, I'm sure that button made your day, it's a nice early one too!

Yeah, you know I like buttons or I wouldn't have even posted, lol.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It might be time to reconsider where you're hunting. One definition of insanity is to do something the same way, over and over and expecting a different result. ;)

It's kind of funny, but when I go out I'm always a little bit excited to see what the "exit find" for today is going to be. I gotta admit, sometimes, it can be a single, lowly zincoln. But, if it's the only good find, then, it is what it is. :) What I've found to be the case almost every time is that there's always one "special" find for the day. Like your flat button.

You already know it'll turn around. Just need to do a little more research, something will turn up. I mean, the difference can be a mere inch or two. Between finding that war nickel right in front of you or having someone else find it for you. Zag when you should've zigged and presto! A banner day! :)

Keep on keeping on. I'm planning a visit to your area sometime in the near future, maybe betwixt the 2 or 3 of us, we can make a good day happen.

Keep on keeping on. :)

Thanks Gary. Too bad you didn't come up while I was off this stretch. We will definitely get together again. I look forward to it!

Well I guess a little something is better than nothing, but that little can sure wear thin quickly. Best of luck on the next hunt may it bring something to scratch the itch.

Thanks PJ. I found an 1831 LC at this farm last year, and since I haven't found one yet this year, I was kinda hoping, ya know?

Nice flat button Dave.

You know the drill, sometimes you are the dog and sometimes you are the hydrant! The scenery is really nice, and I bet you didn't have to push mow the joint before hunting it either!

Hang in there brother, we all have little slow spells. GL&HH!

Thanks Tom. I see Beez needed his yard mowed and paid you with silver, lol.

I actually find the fired round balls and bullets far more interesting than the dropped ones. Just the idea that it was actually fired at something/someone gets the imagination going. At lease for me. So I vote...NICE FINDS!:occasion14:

Jim, I like finding old bullets too. I keep mine in an old " Ball " canning jar. Makes a good little conversation piece.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429562311.534755.jpg

Last edited:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it won't be right away but I should be in the area for about a week. I'm sure we can find an hour or two somewhere along the way. :)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every slump ends with a killer day buddy! Yours is coming soon

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any day you can get out, is a great day:icon_thumright: if I can find one flat button I feel happy:hello2:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all hit the slumps sometimes.I have been in a slump for awhile now myself.Good finds.Beautiful picture,dont catch them that vivid around here much.I remember when I was a kid I actually tried to find the gold at the end of one.As far as I can remember I had mamma pretty worried.Guess its just in the blood

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, it won't be right away but I should be in the area for about a week. I'm sure we can find an hour or two somewhere along the way. :)

Yep, we definitely will find some time Gary.

Every slump ends with a killer day buddy! Yours is coming soon

Thanks Abe! One of your " minimal " days would be a killer to me lol.

That flat button looks good to me. I am at zero for the year. Keep digging you will get lots of good stuff.

I like finding the old buttons too. They were something personal, used daily. Before I started this, I never would have thought of them.

Any day you can get out, is a great day:icon_thumright: if I can find one flat button I feel happy:hello2:

For me, if they still have the shank, it's like a bonus too!

We all hit the slumps sometimes.I have been in a slump for awhile now myself.Good finds.Beautiful picture,dont catch them that vivid around here much.I remember when I was a kid I actually tried to find the gold at the end of one.As far as I can remember I had mamma pretty worried.Guess its just in the blood

Hiya DI2! The rainbow happened at the beginning of the hunt. I thought it might be a good omen. I guess it was, and the rainbow itself was the real find of the day. Good luck out there!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
All you needed to do was look at the end of the rainbow for a high grade US gold coin. Everybody know dat! Lol.

You got out, and that's better than I did.

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Flat Button is a great find OD. I have never found one. So I would be stoked. My slumps always end with a killer spot, or find. So there's always a silver lining. There are days that I could care less if I find anything. I think you captured it in your photos. Just to be able to throw the headphones on and swing in such a beautiful surrounding, and just enjoy the peace of the outdoors. It beats sitting on the couch and channel surfing. Best of luck on your next time out. If your up this way. Your more than welcome to stop at the grove.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions