deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission for a new property and got in a short hunt this evening, little over an hour long hunt.
First two finds back to back were a couple Boy Scout's Necker Chiefs. Before my hunt was over I'd find another three more for 5 total.
Some modern change and 7 wheats, six in the 40's and one in the 50's. A harmonica reed and what we thought was an old valve cover? Also a cool looking buckle, maybe Scouts related?
Also found what looks like half an old compact?
With the age of this property and all the wheats found I knew there had to be some silver here. I got a 83 hit just a little higher then the Necker Chiefs and memorial hits I got, flipped a plug and had a 46 Rosie.
Plan on making an early morning trip back there with the boy to see what else might be there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 10

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you got a great permission that gave up some nice finds. I like finding those neckerchiefs. Great save on the silver. Looking forward to see what else you find there.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well id say its definitely worth going back to, im gonna take a day or two soon and try to re-hit some of my permissions from last year

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guy!!

Anyone know anything about the small buckle? I saw where there's another one similar to this one with a heart instead of the bullseye.
The heart shaped shield first thought to be CW era then later corrected as to NOT being CW era. Are both the heart and bullseye buckle shields in the same boat and neither CW era?

Thanks!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds DS. One lone silver, that's just not like you... Perhaps with a little time, you will dig the usual hand full! GL&HH.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great site DS! Was this maybe a scout's campsite? I like the editing you did on the dirt pic...I play around a lot too with pic editing and noticed it right away. With all the silvers Cjon and C. Tom made lately, I am surprised they commented on one silver ( j/k guys! ), but that would be an outstanding hunt for me. Tom, he is keeping it real for me and probably didn't wanna post the handful of others he made. Thanks for being a good sport DS and letting me bust a little on Chris and Tom.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The boyscout kerchief slides are very cool and in great shape . I dug 4 last year but none of them had an color left on them , those are very nice

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw you were from MD & seen the buckle & thought CW but the hinge thingy don't look right IMO..(time will tell).

Also have Dug a few styles of the Neckerchief's Over the years.
Good Post
Davers

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt, congrats on the troop of Boy Scout slides! The bullseye buckle is actually older than the scout stuff, it is a "horse buckle cover" that snapped down over a small bridle or tack buckle to keep the horse's hair from tangling in the buckle underneath. 1880's to modern times. I have found several. HH Sub 8-)

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt, congrats on the troop of Boy Scout slides! The bullseye buckle is actually older than the scout stuff, it is a "horse buckle cover" that snapped down over a small bridle or tack buckle to keep the horse's hair from tangling in the buckle underneath. 1880's to modern times. I have found several. HH Sub 8-)

I found a couple different post here on Tnet on the heart version of this. I was still hoping somebody with some knowledge would tell me different. Guess I'll just have to go find a breast plate or something. Lol

Thanks for the info. All the different versions I've read make more sense now.

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds DS. One lone silver, that's just not like you... Perhaps with a little time, you will dig the usual hand full! GL&HH.

Got another one today if that counts. Lol

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great site DS! Was this maybe a scout's campsite? I like the editing you did on the dirt pic...I play around a lot too with pic editing and noticed it right away. With all the silvers Cjon and C. Tom made lately, I am surprised they commented on one silver ( j/k guys! ), but that would be an outstanding hunt for me. Tom, he is keeping it real for me and probably didn't wanna post the handful of others he made. Thanks for being a good sport DS and letting me bust a little on Chris and Tom.

I found out after I found the first two necker chiefs that the Scouts used this house for their meetings. Lol

I have to edit my pics or they'd look like crap. Lol I have a Sweet cannon camera but, too lazy to download pics so I use my IPhone instead.

I think you guys taking jabs at each other is so cool. It's obvious you guys are all good friends and makes MDing all the more fun. The kid and I are definitely in competition with each other but, love to see him find good stuff.

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The boy and I made a return trip to our new permission for a couple hours this morning.
Still didn't cover everything but, most of it. I got another 6 wheats and the boy 11. No Indians and the oldest wheat was a 1919.
The boy found a junker ring and a 26 or 28 buffalo and a 1966 Balboa coin.
We each found 3 more necker chiefs for a total of 11 coming from this yard. And the only other silver to come from here was my very first plug and was a 43 merc.
I don't no where the silver is hiding, I got my one SLQ from the yard next to this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 94

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Haul on the scout goodies DS, I think the only scoot thing I have ever dug was a silver CS ring..

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I'd be hitting that place again ASAP!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DS, If there is a sled hill or a swimmin' hole on that old Scout camp, there will be ching and bling abundant! Good luck, Sub 8-)

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DS, If there is a sled hill or a swimmin' hole on that old Scout camp, there will be ching and bling abundant! Good luck, Sub 8-)

We'd be right in that water too. Lol It's a yard in town that the church next to it owns and the church was built in 1878.
I did find an old lantern top with a pat. date from the 1860's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 67

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions