Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finished work early today, and I noticed some superhero mowed EVERY SINGLE ROUGH on my golf course! Like I mean short! I only had an hour today, but I'm going to hit these roughs hard in the next couple of weeks until the grass grows back up. I've never seen them short, so I haven't properly hunted them.

I hope these finds are signs of things to come. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429828683.010501.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429828720.459356.jpg

Upvote 10

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
JC, you don't hunt the same place Beez, Carolina Tom, Smittyman and Todd Lipe hunt, do you? They have been on a mowing rampage I hear!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JC, you don't hunt the same place Beez, Carolina Tom, Smittyman and Todd Lipe hunt, do you? They have been on a mowing rampage I hear!

I WISH!!! Maybe I could find some older stuff!

Their mowing pics/stories are crazy haha, you gotta do what you gotta do!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured you had that place covered, didn't know there were areas that you hardly touched. So does that one make 50 ? if not you'll get it next hunt.
Some fields are clear of snow now, hope I can get a dig in this weekend.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard to explain, but the majority of the course is on the Canadian side, but the 9th green and the clubhouse are on the U.S. side. It's awesome, you tee off in Saskatchewan, and your ball lands an hour later in North Dakota. The area with the 9th green and clubhouse is where I have found the nearly 50 silvers. I don't count any silvers from the rest of the course.

There hasn't been much for finds around any of the greens, a couple guys back in the 80's picked them clean, I can only imagine the 1920's-1960's coins they found (the course was created in the early 1930's). However, they must not have noticed the wagon trail remnants criss crossing the course, because I have found lots of old goodies on those trails.

Man, I hope your snow goes away soon, I bet you're just aching to get out there and dig! You'll be digging reals and coppers in no time!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It must be a relative who owns the course ? I can't imagine, at least for the most part a golf course owners letting "diggers" onto their land ? ...Then on the other hand couldn't be much worse than some of the BIG diviots they send a sailing ?

Still cool, and an avenue that I (or others) may persue ?

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never in my life would have thought of digging in a golf course . Good luck on future digs

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father-in-law is the president of the golf club, and he's also the mayor of the town. My wife is the town administrator. Yeah I pretty much have a licence to dig, and I do it carefully!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JC how lucky are you to have access to a golfcourse!, I have a course right by my house, freakin golf balls hit my house occasionally lol!! the course is from the 50s, so yeah that would be great but its a super snooty richity people country club so that's out!

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
I'd love to give some golf courses around here a shot. Congrats on the finds and being able to dig on the course!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JC how lucky are you to have access to a golfcourse!, I have a course right by my house, freakin golf balls hit my house occasionally lol!! the course is from the 50s, so yeah that would be great but its a super snooty richity people country club so that's out!

My course was started in the 1930's, but it's the activity before that that really interests me, although finding things associated with the golfers is ok too!

You guys should use Google Earth to check out the courses and see if there are any telltale signs of long gone old buildings/roads that might hold finds older than the course itself. Then try to get permission, easier said than done I'm sure. You never know!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
J.Cache, nice that you can get some goodies there, Out here it would be risking your life, flying golf balls aren't good for the health :censored:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds JC! The buffalo appears to be in really nice shape. GL&HH!

If you run into any more tall grass, just PM me and I will get Smittyman to trick Beez into cutting it for you. Smittyman is the puppet master!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! Lucky you to be able to detect there.

I have often wanted to detect the golf courses here but never asked, besides winter would be better than summer.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds JC! The buffalo appears to be in really nice shape. GL&HH!

If you run into any more tall grass, just PM me and I will get Smittyman to trick Beez into cutting it for you. Smittyman is the puppet master!

Haha! I have access to some nice riding mowers...tell them to bring their passports and they can mow like madmen while I detect behind them!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UUUM Why aren't you there right now?

Sadly I'm at work, trying to concentrate on complicated drywall/taping. This is a house we finished a year ago, they finally have us back to board/tape/finish the curved drywall on the underside of their curved stair stringers. That's one of my employees in the pic.

All I can think of is getting out of here and swinging the Deus!!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429889865.498593.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429889888.679928.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429889916.029149.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429889933.267665.jpg

coin1921

Dec 1, 2006
Manitoba, Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Deus V 3.2
Bounty Hunter Water Detector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a good spot. From what you have found it does look promising.
We got to do an area that was an old golf course and found quite a lot of 1910-15 silvers, but could not even think about getting on the current golf course. Good job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread