Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally made it out for the first hunt after a long hard winter...a lot of snow has melted but as IP can attest to that finding areas that weren't frozen was a challenge. My old Minelab XS is in trying to get fixed or was it the museum, anyhow got to try the E trac for the first time and was impressed with it's ability to pick up small targets and some deep finds…Find of the day for me was what I believe is an 2nd American Regiment button….reason I say that is there were also 3rd American Regiment buttons also found in the area which virtually look the same and I can't see the number on it…Although not in the best of shape it is what it is! REV WAR :laughing7:. I am also posting a 2nd American that I found a few years back for comparisons...As you can tell it was more of a button day with a few old coins…wow pictures didn't go in the order I wanted….

Attachments

• group.jpg
    group.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 390
  • 2nd American2.jpg
    2nd American2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 2nd american.jpg
    2nd american.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 13

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find bud! Is it awkward when you're hunting with IP and he bends over to dig a target? Does that spandex really stretch that much? I'd certainly try to stay in front of that guy in the field

If I was there do you really think I would not have got a button? Please....

But I could end up there sometime in the near future. :headbang:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was there do you really think I would not have got a button? Please....

But I could end up there sometime in the near future. :headbang:

Just stay home bro. No need to even turn on the machine this season 8-)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we're going to hit a new site this weekend, and it's going to be loaded!!
If I could limit him to just one good button it could be tough!

Going to have to think hard where to go because Abe must pay!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to have to think hard where to go because Abe must pay!

You'll thank me for the motivation when you hit it big. In all honesty I hope you guys kill it man. Always psyched to see my boys find the good stuff

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good outing. Just getting out Finally, is a treat in itself.
Good button to start, apparently a pretty rare one. Your previous example is quite nice !

OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I was just happy to get out of the house… the videos on Youtube kept me going but it was time to dig dirt and ice...

You'll thank me for the motivation when you hit it big. In all honesty I hope you guys kill it man. Always psyched to see my boys find the good stuff

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good outing. Just getting out Finally, is a treat in itself.
Good button to start, apparently a pretty rare one. Your previous example is quite nice !

Not as as rare as before, but that's just because East coast guys have been digging them up here and there for over a decade. When I started the 1st through the 4th American buttons were all extremely rare, and any in nice condition was a fairly valuable find. They are still much rarer than either an RP or USA pewter.

OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'll have to get out there again soon and find a minty 2nd American or even hold out for my first 3rd American… I have close to a dozen of them and know of only a small handful of east coast guys that have dug them...

Not as as rare as before, but that's just because East coast guys have been digging them up here and there for over a decade. When I started the 1st through the 4th American buttons were all extremely rare, and any in nice condition was a fairly valuable find. They are still much rarer than either an RP or USA pewter.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found 3rds in several fields (4 right off the top of my head), but all are to the point where it's very hard to squeeze anything.

Well I'll have to get out there again soon and find a minty 2nd American or even hold out for my first 3rd American… I have close to a dozen of them and know of only a small handful of east coast guys that have dug them...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread