Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally made it out for the first hunt after a long hard winter...a lot of snow has melted but as IP can attest to that finding areas that weren't frozen was a challenge. My old Minelab XS is in trying to get fixed or was it the museum, anyhow got to try the E trac for the first time and was impressed with it's ability to pick up small targets and some deep finds…Find of the day for me was what I believe is an 2nd American Regiment button….reason I say that is there were also 3rd American Regiment buttons also found in the area which virtually look the same and I can't see the number on it…Although not in the best of shape it is what it is! REV WAR :laughing7:. I am also posting a 2nd American that I found a few years back for comparisons...As you can tell it was more of a button day with a few old coins…wow pictures didn't go in the order I wanted….

Attachments

• group.jpg
    group.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 390
  • 2nd American2.jpg
    2nd American2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 2nd american.jpg
    2nd american.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 13

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Congrats on the Rev War button, any Rev War stuff dug is a real good day :thumbsup:

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Hey bud, great to see you got off to a positive start too! Better days coming up for some great finds!

I think you have a 2nd American , I see a round top number, 3rd Americans had a flat top 3.

I think I'll try and get out a few hours on the weekend and hopefully put something on the board for myself; it's going to be a long summer of work before I can get some quality time in the fields this fall

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds but man still frozen?? id lose my mind!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a 2 to me, good find.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a pretty good start for your delayed season, I guess it would wet the appetite after the winter freeze. Hope that you get a long warm spell to thaw out the rest of your hunting areas.

Does spandex slip on ice?

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME FINDS !:thumbsup:

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wicked awesome button:occasion14:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice relics!

That's when a pick axe and a good shovel come in handy!

OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why I thought so too but it's one of those things if you stare at it long enough it will become what you want it too !! hope you are able to get out before your other season starts!

Hey bud, great to see you got off to a positive start too! Better days coming up for some great finds!

I think you have a 2nd American , I see a round top number, 3rd Americans had a flat top 3.

I think I'll try and get out a few hours on the weekend and hopefully put something on the board for myself; it's going to be a long summer of work before I can get some quality time in the fields this fall

OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pretty good start for your delayed season, I guess it would wet the appetite after the winter freeze. Hope that you get a long warm spell to thaw out the rest of your hunting areas.

Does spandex slip on ice?

Thanks and I suspect IP will be ok in his spandex with good finds coming out…lol

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was just nice to be out after that winter! Rained half the day but we had a pretty good day all in all. New sites and old sites that still produced. Lets hope this snow finally melts and the frost goes away soon!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a spectacular button. Glad to see you made it out and started the season right

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! A Rev War button is at the top of my list, even before a gold coin.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, looks like you have a rare one! According to the website I found they were only named 2nd American for one year 1782-1783, AKA Irish Volunteers. That's all the info I came up with so far though.

George Washington Inaugural Buttons ? 1775 ? 1783American ToryBritish Crown Loyalist

Steve

What's interesting is there is no known examples of Volunteers of Ireland buttons, officer or enlisted, and no officer pattern for 2nd American. So if there is such a thing, finding one of those would literally put you in the history books.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks and I suspect IP will be ok in his spandex with good finds coming out…lol

Great find bud! Is it awkward when you're hunting with IP and he bends over to dig a target? Does that spandex really stretch that much? I'd certainly try to stay in front of that guy in the field

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread