Confederate drum canteen & very strange FLAT eagle button with shield & stars...

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Confederate drum canteen & very strange FLAT eagle button with shield & stars...

My buddies absolutely cleaned my clock today, so let me say going in, these are NOT my finds. Digging buddy found some colonial flat buttons, bullets and frags, but the find of the day was a Confederate drum canteen, 2 1/2 feet down in very wet red clay/sand mixture. I'm waiting to see it cleaned, but the parts you can see have NO RUST and barely discolored. Unreal.

DSCN0738.JPG DSCN0739.JPG

Can anybody identify this cuff-sized Eagle button? I've never seen anything like it . . .

DSCN0732.JPG DSCN0733.JPG DSCN0734.JPG

He also found the remains of an excellent side knife. The hand guard looks to be copper.

DSCN0741.JPG

The rest of his take for the day:

DSCN0742.JPG

Mudduck had a fine day as well with his first bayonet scabbard tip, first friction primer, and a lot of bullets. he never posts his stuff, so I'm posting it!

DSCN0736.JPG

I was low man on the totem pole today. All I managed to pull was a 3 ringer, a blown boreman fuse and a friction primer. Oh well, the TEAM scored big . . .

Upvote 16

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread