Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys well I was supposed to go hunting today but my son got sent home sick from school, so I decided to try and clean some of the coppers I found in Pa. before I left for missouri, I have over 50 coppers sitting in olive oil, many were unidentifiable, I used electrolosis on some today really didnt work out well :), I also have some I can see what they are but have now idea where from?? any ideas guys?
There was one coin I thought was a very worn u.s. half cent but after I got the crude off it turned out to be a 1697 william III coin my oldest DATED so far :) yeah baby!! jd

Attachments

• Picture 366a.JPG
    Picture 366a.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 520
  • Picture 385a.JPG
    Picture 385a.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 518
Upvote 0
J

Jim Cal

Man oh man! You guys make me look like ned in the first reader with all of these fabulous finds. Great stuff! You've only got my oldest coin beat by a couple of hundred years. Let us know the dates on the others once you figure out a way to clean them. Jim Cal

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
i find some nice stuff here in indy. but that stuff would appear to be out of my range! keep postin em!!

bigrig

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
As always, awesome J.D.! Let us know what the rest are, or maybe not, that jealous vein!

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys, I was sure surprised to see the datwe still there :) as soon as i know lowbatts ill post it. jd

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn nice find JD, WTG!! 8)

Whats that one in the pic with the hole dead center?

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont know its real thick and i think its a large cent, i tried to clean it with electrolosis to see if I can see any identifying feature but there is none. jd

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a shame. I dont have great luck with electrolysis on large cents either. Interested to know just what that is and why the hole is in the center of it? Excellent find all the same as are all of them! 8)

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds JD, you might try putting them in a jar or any container, then put enough baking soda in to cover them. Then very slowly add vinegar, it will fizz up a lot, wait for it to go down and add a little more. Continue this until the coins are covered well. Leave them for at least a few days, occasionally stirring them up. It does a good job on coins.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey cool find JD! That big thick LC on far left in middle may be a Russian 2 Kopeks. It is thicker than English or American Coppers. I found one last year in Nov.

Shutterbug

Nov 6, 2004
WOW!! What a great find... Let us know when you get the other coins cleaned up... I bet there are more great coins once you find out what they are!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread