Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finished off the freshly mowed rough on one side of one fairway after work today. I dug a ton of shotgun shells and various other junk, but there were a few good finds. The little spill was fun, puts me at 11 silver coins in the five weeks since the ground thawed. The medal is my favourite find of the day, it's the first war medal I have ever dug. You can see in the pic where the fairway is on the left, and the mowed rough is on the right.

***the iron cross was NOT found by me. My little girl raced though the door after school today yelling "Dad, look what I found in the dirt at school!!" Aaah, that's my little treasure hunter! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429916646.514368.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429916673.450363.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429916705.173392.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429916743.498541.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429916768.070840.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429916791.758780.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429916813.004760.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429916861.876905.jpg

Upvote 12

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
I see you are having some fun with your new found area for hunting.
Congratulations on the medal!

A little story for you; years ago I found one of those medals too, it was on Remembrance Day one year around lunch time and I was on my to do some detecting in a large city park where I used to live, I stopped at a crosswalk to let a veteran cross the street. Two blocks from where this happened is the local Officers Club, many veterans go there to salute and raise one for the fallen troops ;on the way there's also another smaller square that's a green space and there were a couple of other uniformed gentlemen heading in the same direction. I thought that there had to have been a veteran heading to the club and lost a memento at least once over the years doing the same thing, so I didn't head to the larger park, I went to the square instead of the larger park and that's where I found one of those star medals on Remembrance Day

Talk about a coincidence! And that's how I came to find one of those.

Someone wore that after coming home from WW ll, it's a keeper!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you are having some fun with your new found area for hunting.
Congratulations on the medal!

A little story for you; years ago I found one of those medals too, it was on Remembrance Day one year around lunch time and I was on my to do some detecting in a large city park where I used to live, I stopped at a crosswalk to let a veteran cross the street. Two blocks from where this happened is the local Officers Club, many veterans go there to salute and raise one for the fallen troops ;on the way there's also another smaller square that's a green space and there were a couple of other uniformed gentlemen heading in the same direction. I thought that there had to have been a veteran heading to the club and lost a memento at least once over the years doing the same thing, so I didn't head to the larger park, I went to the square instead of the larger park and that's where I found one of those star medals on Remembrance Day

Talk about a coincidence! And that's how I came to find one of those.

Someone wore that after coming home from WW ll, it's a keeper!

Finding one on Remembrance Day is unbelievable, that's so cool!

I did some reading up on it, and I really really like this find. I found that it was awarded to subject of the British Commonwealth for service in France, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands or Germany and adjacent sea areas between 6 June 1944 and 8 May 1945. I think it's an understatement to say that the person who was awarded this medal was a hero, and I'm so glad I saved it from being forgotten.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Finding one on Remembrance Day is unbelievable, that's so cool!

I did some reading up on it, and I really really like this find. I found that it was awarded to subject of the British Commonwealth for service in France, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands or Germany and adjacent sea areas between 6 June 1944 and 8 May 1945. I think it's an understatement to say that the person who was awarded this medal was a hero, and I'm so glad I saved it from being forgotten.

For sure!
I can't say I've even seen another posted before which I why I had to comment and share the story.

I know you'll prize it as a find for a long time!

Last edited:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG J.Cache !! Nice saves there :occasion14: That medal would be a prize to display in the case !

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find. One for the good case.
I found my avitar, on military land on Nov. 11 my first year detecting, it's still one of very favorite finds.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find. One for the good case.
I found my avitar, on military land on Nov. 11 my first year detecting, it's still one of very favorite finds.

Thanks Rick. I've often wondered what your avatar is, never thought to ask. What is it exactly?

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a lot of digging there!, man I really like the design on that ten cent coin, the back is really nice, simple but nice!

great digs!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the silver, though the medal is a real keeper.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love that medal. Good job, sir!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like daughter, like Dad! Not too many people get a chance to hunt where you are. Take advantage of it!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!!The medal is definitely a Keeper...

It's those finds that have a personal connection that are the Best!! I found. WW II medal one time and it's up there on my top 10 list.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to guess how you could ever lose a medal!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread