first wheatie 1910

ibbasser123

Feb 9, 2005
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
1500 Garrett
went to a old school today ?found my first wheat penny 1910 just one problem i hit it hard with the screw driver put a good ding in it. oh well it is still awsome!!!! also found a silver ring on my bh505 it read 25c at 4 inches. got a question on the inside of the ring it has 925 ND any ideas what that is? good luck.

Upvote 0
J

Jim Cal

Hey - we all have scratched a coin or two. I used a probe now and try to determine where the target is before I dig so that won't happen. Works well most of the time. I have no idea what 925 ND stands for but hey its a ring! Keep hunting! Jim Cal

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find! I;m still hoping to find somehing, anything that old! I've only been at it a few months, and my oldest coin so far is a 1951D wheatie, but I just ordered my Garrett ACE250 to upgrade from my BH, so better finds are on the way! Good luck!

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Ib! You're off to a good start. THat is a good find. It means that you are hunting an old site & there is bound to be silver there. Maybe even a gold coin or two. Welcome to the Forum & keep at it. Congrats on the 1910. Spotz

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
You found yourself a sterling silver ring. Sterling is at least 92.5% silver. Some times sterling jewelry is marked .925. Sometimes it's marked sterling. My guess is the ND is the makers mark.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great find!
" 925 " is the mark for Sterling Silver, as for the ND, I haven't got a clue...

Oh ya, I almost forgot, My oldest wheatie is a 1910, and I scratched it with my diiger, it's been almost six months since I found it and you can still see the scratch plain as day... :'( Sofar, it's the only one I've scratched.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread