Finally it has happened to me, tiny gold, come and see!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been trying to make up for lost hunting time this past winter by going out 5 mornings detecting this past week. Have to hunt the schools before the kids come back.

Well Sunday it happened! After going all of last year with out a gold find, I found it, but not with the detector. :dontknow:
I spent 3 hours detecting a park next to a school about half way through I was walking across the black topped sidewalk and there was a tiny gold glimmer in the sun light. I scooped it up looked good but it's tiny so I can't really tell until I get home. Found a 1944 wheat by and old tree stump too.

I think my detector is miffed at me for finding it. After I found it the M6 started reading zincs and clad as trash, pop and screw tops. It also read a zinc as a ring, something it has never done before, and there was nothing else in the hole, I checked.

These first 2 pics are Sunday's hunt. A family member had my i-pad so I couldn't post. :BangHead: image.jpg . image.jpg

These last pics are the weeks total, trash and all...just in case you guys forgot what trash looks like :laughing7: image.jpg

Upvote 27
OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job there lady! Happy to see you get into the shiny stuff. You've got one more than I have. Hope you have a great year

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew you'd find gold and in the case with gold, size doesn't matter. Lol Any gold is good!!

Congrats!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold is gold!, that's cool ya found such a small one too!, it all adds up!

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big grats on the wee gold, Beep! You get the dancing kitty for that one!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Ahab! I hope you find that elusive cellar hole and the goodies! :headbang:

TrdKing - I love gold too...but sometimes it doesn't love me back! :icon_scratch:

deershed- thanks! Yep the gold will look real good in a 100X magnified display case! I do wish the detector had found it so at lest it would know what it's looking for! :dontknow:

Cjon- yep I'm building a mountain, one flake at a time, may take a while! :goldbar::2barsgold::3barsgold: :treasurechest:

Higgy- awww how cute! Thanks! I wish my happy dance was that cute instead of...well...down right scarey! I need more practice. :laughing7:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the gold my friend!! I am truly happy for you and hope there's many more in store!

-- Jeff --

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job on the gold, I have none but then again I am mainly a silver hunter so therefore if I do find some it will be by accident lol. Also I wish my detector would see pennies as trash....god I am sick of digging them.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Jeff! I feel like I finally have my foot in the gold finding door, so maybe I can get both feet in. :laughing7:

Thanks Swagman! This was an accidental gold find, I eyeballed it as I crossed the black top sidewalk. I was carting the detector across so I wasn't swinging it. The M6 is great at identifying silver, gold not so much, small pieces read as foil...and there's a lot of foil trash around!
I'm hoping the reason my detector is reading zincs as trash is they are deteriorating and that there 's nothing wrong with the detector, it hasn't done this in the past, in fact it has been very accurate in it's readings previously. This is a little worrisome. :icon_scratch:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find. I see that you are starting small with the gold, I assume that you will find larger and larger gold items as the season continues. GL&HH.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
It always pays to have trained eyeballs. Nice find!!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice yellow!! Now I know your pumped to hammer that place! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for that thought Tom! Bigger would be better...at lest I wouldn't need a 30X loop to see it!

CMDd- thank you!

Bill - shinny yellow is a nice sight, anywhere! I think the detector was a little ticked off tho.

OBN- I'm pumped to hammer all the places! Just hope the M6 is up for it....I know, I know, it's the operator!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OBN- I'm pumped to hammer all the places! Just hope the M6 is up for it....I know, I know, it's the operator!

Hang in there Msbeep it just takes time, sometimes a lots :BangHead:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Cut yourself some slack Msbb, the snow is finally gone and you're out there detecting! :thumbsup:
I have a feeling your going to find something BANNER worthy this year too! :occasion14:

Best of luck to you,
Dave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done MSBB, you have just opened up the flood gates and now the gold will flow your way. Congrats
ZDD

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good :icon_cyclops_ani:gotta like gold.I know all to well what trash looks like,about all I have been hauling here lately.Might have to change my user name to Oscar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread