Finally it has happened to me, tiny gold, come and see!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been trying to make up for lost hunting time this past winter by going out 5 mornings detecting this past week. Have to hunt the schools before the kids come back.

Well Sunday it happened! After going all of last year with out a gold find, I found it, but not with the detector. :dontknow:
I spent 3 hours detecting a park next to a school about half way through I was walking across the black topped sidewalk and there was a tiny gold glimmer in the sun light. I scooped it up looked good but it's tiny so I can't really tell until I get home. Found a 1944 wheat by and old tree stump too.

I think my detector is miffed at me for finding it. After I found it the M6 started reading zincs and clad as trash, pop and screw tops. It also read a zinc as a ring, something it has never done before, and there was nothing else in the hole, I checked.

These first 2 pics are Sunday's hunt. A family member had my i-pad so I couldn't post. :BangHead: image.jpg . image.jpg

These last pics are the weeks total, trash and all...just in case you guys forgot what trash looks like :laughing7: image.jpg

Upvote 27

I-DIG-IT

Silver Member
Mar 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs. That is for sure tiny, but it adds up.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice eyeball finding there MsB :occasion14: I found a distorted item of some sort in the malls parking area, my Mom was going that is gross picking items up, I was like no it appears to be "GOLD!" I was right it test out as 10k with my acid testing kit! That M6 is supposed to be good at finding rings, I have seen others who have posted some good ring in past that have it in their signatures, does it have an adjustable ground balance ?

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent eyeballing, MSBB, Just the fact that we are "out there" and looking inevitably gives us surface finds. And if your detector is misbehaving, it is time for some "time out" or other discipline. Make it sit in the car and watch as you use another detector to have fun. Nothing spurs competition like jealousy! Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, from 92 foot snowbanks to digging in the ground. I'd say "you've come a long way baby!". ;)

Looks like fun to me!

And I have a small disagreement with you. You say you found the gold without the detector, but, what did you come there for? AND, what did you have in your hand while you were looking down, going across that parking lot? ;)

Nice finds! WTG!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find, the first is always the hardest.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hooray on the gold! Congrats.
When your detector gets reading properly again ,try it on your new found gold...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first gold of the years. :thumbsup:

Man you sure dug a lot in those few hours. Nice clad haul, it sure adds up fast.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been trying to make up for lost hunting time this past winter by going out 5 mornings detecting this past week. Have to hunt the schools before the kids come back.

Well Sunday it happened! After going all of last year with out a gold find, I found it, but not with the detector. :dontknow:
I spent 3 hours detecting a park next to a school about half way through I was walking across the black topped sidewalk and there was a tiny gold glimmer in the sun light. I scooped it up looked good but it's tiny so I can't really tell until I get home. Found a 1944 wheat by and old tree stump too.

I think my detector is miffed at me for finding it. After I found it the M6 started reading zincs and clad as trash, pop and screw tops. It also read a zinc as a ring, something it has never done before, and there was nothing else in the hole, I checked.

These first 2 pics are Sunday's hunt. A family member had my i-pad so I couldn't post. :BangHead:.

These last pics are the weeks total, trash and all...just in case you guys forgot what trash looks like :laughing7:

I noticed signals like that,same target different grounds the VDI varies.

one VDI number I have come to know well is +67.......................A STINKIN LINCOLN.

Nice pile of trash by the way.:laughing7:

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the gold. I wish my coin to trash ratio was that high! For that many coins my trash pile would have 10X bigger.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I-Dig-It, I'm happy to have found any gold! :hello2:

Rob finds, It sure is! :icon_thumright:

CRM- the M6 likes rings & loves silver...so it maybe the operator. Thanks for the pm'd info. :treasurechest:

Sub- I would try that but I think the M6 would bust out in peals of laughter when I pull out the pin pointer! :laughing7:

WIF- thank you, it is good to finally get gold! :hello2: Technically that is correct it was there and on, but next time I eyeball gold I'm going to hold it up and yell "FOIL! VDI #2" and see what the M6's response is. :laughing7:

Hopefully Chris, we won't need a magnifier to see my next one! :find: :icon_scratch: On this site I get Lincoln's reading +78 and lower. At this point I have a good start on cornering the used metals market, and evidently need to add to my "foil" pile! :2barsgold: The zinc reading as straight out "ring" was a first. Pop tops & bottle caps yes, but a zinc a little weird. :icon_scratch:

PP- Thank you! :occasion14:

Rick- Thanks, I hope I'm now over the speed bump! :3barsgold:

Releventchair Thank you! I will be running some tests for sure. :icon_scratch: :metaldetector::goldbar:

LD- Thank you! Evidently I need to dig more trash, if I don't find gold I can cash the trash!:icon_thumleft: :treasurechest:

gaela4- thanks! You are right, I need to up the foil count!:icon_thumleft:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6 or 7 More clad Hauls like that & you can buy U a Gold $1 Coin . But It's much better to find one.
=(Any Gold)
Davers

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find in the gold and trust me...I know what trash looks like lol. I think my pouch would spit anything out that wasn't!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Danvers- if I don't start finding more I just may have to do that :icon_thumleft: . Maybe the M6 has forgotten what gold is. :icon_scratch:

Vol1266X- Thank you!

OD- I know what you mean! I think I maybe addicted (to trash)...I just don't "feel right" unless I dig some! :laughing7: Plus I don't want to mislead the newbies into thinking it's all gravy!
I just need to dig the "right type" of trash...with a K after it!
Now if the M6 is still talking to me, we're good! The search goes on!

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I definitely am well-versed in digging trash. In fact, I can detect it 8-10 inches deep. Its thins other than trash that kick my butt. Nice job eyeballing the gold bling...Brad

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tiny or not, you've found more gold that me this year haha! Nice job

Top Member Reactions