NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got to get in the water - first time this year
also first time I got to use my new mask under hunt conditions - only saw the pool before today

was heading back to where I started and got a loud blast - thought I had a corona cap on top - ended up being a fat 14k band
my gal just happened to be taking this pick and that is when I got the ring because I got nothing 10 mins before or 10 mins after this pic and she said I was directly in front of her -
told her had I known she was taking a pic - I would have held it up before dropping it in my pouch

14k gold from cold water hunt - water was 45 degrees - air was not much warmer

Upvote 19

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the hefty gold band, it paid for the new mask, no doubt. Sub 8-)

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring, Don. How did you like that mask?

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tribord easybreathe - there is a rip off company out there - mine has orange top - cheap brand is yellow

What kind of mask is that?

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
worked great - keeps face warm too - under my chin got nip - but forehead, and face stay warm from breathe- just don't eat garlic before you go out with it
you can breathe thru mouth or nose with ease - no water gets in
Nice ring, Don. How did you like that mask?

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Casper :hello:Looks like a great mask, the ring looks even better tho !!! :occasion14:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Chunky Monkey there!!.......Go get'em buddy..:thumbsup:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
big ol Chunkin ring you got there! Congratulations

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper, is that you behind that mask? Oh there you are ! The finder of large gold! Yes that's you! Nice ring! Congrats!
Guess your GF doesn't need a detector to locate gold, she must be your lucky charm!

Thanks for the warning about the fake masks.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no leak -
kept whole face warm - not made like that- but does
you can see more of surroundings
you can breathe thru mouth and or nose with ease
would be great for someone with false teeth that cant use a snorkel
headphones fit good with it - which I was worried about - would recommend

Great find C2. How did the new mask work? WTG, Q.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!!

What you the odds you get your pic taken as your finding gold, maybe you need more photo shoots? Lol

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When is a knock off or a copy good enough? I reseached both the original Tribord easy breathe , and the Thenice surface snorkle. I looked at the reviews for both and because the Tribord is the original and did all the R&D it receives rave reviews. Yet when I look at it side by side with the Thenice the only visable differences I can really see are as you mentioned the orange top on the Tribord, and yellow on the Thenice, and the mask part around your nose and mouth don't have any color on the original but on the knockoff it does. The negative reviews on the Thenice are non specific and vague with regards to issues and or problems and the writers of said negative reviews never identify themselves where as the people that praise the knockoff do identify themselves. So why am I writing this? Well yes the original Tribord deserves to make a profit on their product and I'm sure they will, but not everyone can afford or wants to spent $200. on one when they can try the other for less than half the price and for all practical purposes they are identical. Now if I'm wrong please let me know what make the original better or what defects does the knock off have other than being a knockoff.
So everyone knows I don't own either of these, but when I read this thread I became curious.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the original for the store price of $50 - but mine is from Portugal sporting goods store
friend of family came over here last fall and I asked him to plz get me one - those higher prices are other people not Tribord trying to make extra bucks
I know the straps of the cheaper mask are cheaper - I just want to make people aware - I don't want someone buying the knock off and then complaining to me that it failed down the road - recently guys have discovered they bought knock off lesche digging tools and they broke - also some bought knock off pinpointers and they failed also - they paid less and got what they paid for

When is a knock off or a copy good enough? I reseached both the original Tribord easy breathe , and the Thenice surface snorkle. I looked at the reviews for both and because the Tribord is the original and did all the R&D it receives rave reviews. Yet when I look at it side by side with the Thenice the only visable differences I can really see are as you mentioned the orange top on the Tribord, and yellow on the Thenice, and the mask part around your nose and mouth don't have any color on the original but on the knockoff it does. The negative reviews on the Thenice are non specific and vague with regards to issues and or problems and the writers of said negative reviews never identify themselves where as the people that praise the knockoff do identify themselves. So why am I writing this? Well yes the original Tribord deserves to make a profit on their product and I'm sure they will, but not everyone can afford or wants to spent $200. on one when they can try the other for less than half the price and for all practical purposes they are identical. Now if I'm wrong please let me know what make the original better or what defects does the knock off have other than being a knockoff.
So everyone knows I don't own either of these, but when I read this thread I became curious.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread