Today was nice! Finds were total****

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
I went back to the river swim park today. Only had two hours. Tried to work the beach but it was frozen like a rock. Went up in the grass & dug about 60 twist off beer bottle caps that kept reading as a quarter, probably from the rust, & a couple of dozen pull tabs & a whoppin 6 pennies. But it was a nice sunny day & I was out there so it wasn't wasted. Saw a big Bald Eagle too. When I got home my new Starlite Case for the DFX had arrived. Now I have to custom fit the DFX & accessories to it. That will be enjoyable. Look out Nashville! Here I come. Spotz

Upvote 0
D

Darod

You enjoyed yourself, that's what counts :)

Post a pic of that case your talking about. I'm not familiar with that one.

Thanks,
Rod

OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Check Amazon.com Hard Cases Large Starlite Case. It was a little spendy, about $187.00 but I will not be afraid to ship my detector in it. The Whites hard case was junk compared to this & it was $149.00. This is securable & almost indestructable. If you go through air port security, you can request a hand check & they seal it & you lock it up & keep your key, same as taking a rifle or hand gun that has to be checked. Spotz

J

Jim Cal

Hey Spotz, Glad you got out TH'ing. Six pennies but you did find something and ya just never know when the next ones going to be a ring. When you get your detector fitted to the case would you consider posting a picture? I have a DFX too and would like to see how you arrange everything. Happy hunting! Jim Cal

OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Sure thing Jim CAl. Hope to get to it first of the week. I'm set up at a gun show over the weekend so it will have to wait a couple of days. Spotz

F

fleur325

Hey, Spotz,

You gonna show me how it's done when you come to Nashville? I could use some hands on training, and, if you want, I can also email you a nice list of metro parks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread