The axes have it or time for a cold drink !

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First Axe head found at old houses yard:

4_28_2015 head 1.jpg

Owner had story about his grandpas hobby was making firewood, gave this intact head to him for a project :headbang:

Here is found Axe head number two appears broke maybe? Still seems a bit older type to me, maybe half of whats called a Broad-head Axe or some other type ?

4_28_2015 head 2.jpg

Checked around the old hand pump, got a pretty good signal about three feet away, was hard digging through those orange brickbats and at around ten inches there was something that sounded hollow when my screwdriver tapped it, hmmm maybe a cache ?!?
Tried to pull it out with both hand and it would not yield. Finally I used my Lesche to dig around the item then freedom occurred.

4_28_2015 cup j u.jpg

Here is the reunion picture:

4_28_2015 cup reunited.jpg

Cup cleaned up:

4_28_2015 cup cleaned some.jpg

Think the cup is made from tin that has had porcelain fired on. It gave a very high conductive reading, was surrounded by some very big rusty nails also. Glad I did not give up on that signal :hello2:

Hope you enjoyed the story and the relics, keep on diggin :headbang:

Upvote 10

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Do you plan on doing anything with the cup? Maybe clean it, paint it and hang it on the pump? Great image detail on the pics by the way.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lovin' that tired old pinpointer!

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
outstanding.gif
Nice finds and story! Thanks for sharing...

Hi vpnavy, hope things are going well for you, thanks, you're welcome 8-)

Nice finds. Do you plan on doing anything with the cup? Maybe clean it, paint it and hang it on the pump? Great image detail on the pics by the way.

Hi bzbadger, Well I did do some cleanup on it, just nothing very radical didn't want to ruin its character, it appears that in some spots the rust got through the porcelain coating, yeah I think it would be a great display item, I've found some before but they were either smashed or just not that old a version, often made from aluminum. Its the best one I have found so far, don't recall seeing any posted here, maybe others think they are just trash? Glad you enjoyed the pictures :headbang:

Very cool find!

Hi RustyGold, thanks 8-)

Lovin' that tired old pinpointer!

Hi Higgy its had a rough life but still works ! :metaldetector::goldbar:

Nice digs.

Hi I-D-I , thanks !

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool axe head finds! Love the cup too! Congrats!

As long as the pin pointer works that's all that counts!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the old Ax Heads.
&
The cup is cool , Your right many think of it as junk but IMO it takes a great imagination in this hobby.
To think of what was & what could be of the Items we find.
Davers

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow that cup does bring back memories on the old farm...always there when you wanted a chilled drink!! Neat reunion!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread