πŸ₯‡ BANNER CELTIC GOLD!- FIRST SIGNAL !

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Followers may remember a while ago me Crusader and Cru'Dad working over Roman site well known to us when 'Fan' the wonder Welsh Sheepdog wandered a few hundred tards away to dig rabbits at the corner of the adjacent field. Unusually,(and luckily) she was too engrossed to hear thw whistle. Good job, as when I got up to her she was digging roman pottery like a professional archaeologist!
A new sister site found, and a productive one it turned out to be! Since then, I have found myself following her around the fields , thinking she must have some sixth sense.
Well, this outing was instigated with much hassle from Fan who just would not leave me be and obviously wanted to go for some excercise and exploration. At this time of year it is tough with the only option pasture or small patches of rape field that havn't taken well. So it was that i promised her a half hour hunt on a local patch of rape field.

Out of the car, follow the dog, start swinging, Bang! Celtic Gold first signal! My first gold ever and what a beauty! Thanks to Crusader and Cru Dad for the I.D.

A gold Iron Age stater of the Northern Region of Cunobelin, Wild series A, c. 1-42 AD. Trinovantian, minted at Camulodunum. Dish-shaped coin similar to Hobbs 1787-1792 and VA 1931 :hello2:

IMG_9657.JPG IMG_9659.JPG Stater unearthed.jpg Fan in the Stater field.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 53

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, it's a Wheatie apparently?? Awesome! What else did you dig?

OP
OP
landmagnet

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, it's a Wheatie apparently?? Awesome! What else did you dig?

Henry VI
Halfpenny
1445-54
Leaf-Pellet Type
London
Long cross . no pic yet! Thanks foe asking.

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big congrats! Your Gold was long overdue! First signal and a Stater...it couldn't get any better. :thumbsup: Good to hear Fan is doing well, give her a pet from me! I'll stop now, have to vote Banner.... :occasion14:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Lord, that's a great find. BANNER, all the way!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beau T full.
Those are such a sweet coin.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you should be renting Fan out, could make allot of money with a dog that can sniff out gold coins and Roman sites.
Congrats on finding a stunning gold coin, one I have yet to see posted here before. And with that I am going to go and vote Banner because it surely is deserving.
ZDD

OP
OP
landmagnet

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big congrats! Your Gold was long overdue! First signal and a Stater...it couldn't get any better. :thumbsup: Good to hear Fan is doing well, give her a pet from me! I'll stop now, have to vote Banner.... :occasion14:
Thanks. It was quite a moment! As a thankyou to Fan, she finished the treat box you so kindly gave her! Least I could do.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little help from Fan- GOLDEN, COIN!!! Nice ! Congrats!

OP
OP
landmagnet

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you should be renting Fan out, could make allot of money with a dog that can sniff out gold coins and Roman sites.
Congrats on finding a stunning gold coin, one I have yet to see posted here before. And with that I am going to go and vote Banner because it surely is deserving.
ZDD
Thanks, there's an idea! Maybe I should by her an XP on a harness and just let her do her thing!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was really a good day. A Stater of Cunobelin was sold in Germany for 2100Euro. Not only a beautiful and rare find, it's quite valuable too! :icon_thumleft: https://www.kuenker.de/en/archiv/stueck/59623

Not quite the same type. That type Dad has found, his is the 'wild' horse type. In fact the circle & dot in front of it, is an odd variant that looks to be only the 3rd one recorded.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread