4 out of my last 5 hunts= lots of silver (picture heavy)

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I misplaced my camera so I wasn't able to take pictures and post from my last few detecting hunts. BTW, I am able to get out more often than most people because I am semi-retired. I remember when I was only able to detect maybe once a month. Anyway, here goes....

I found this war nickel 3 weeks ago on an empty lot that used to have an older 2 story house on it. We were given permission, but then the land caretaker came by and told us to leave. I found 2 older wheat cents and then this nickel in the first 15 minutes, then in about another 15 we had to leave, so I was thankful that I was walking away with something. Took me till the last day of 2013 to find my only war nickel for the year and I found this one in April.

1943-P Jefferson "War" Nickel:

P1010470.JPG

My occasional detecting partner has been wanting to head up to my town (he is 30 minutes away) cause his area has a lot of pressure from other detectorists. As a result, I have been working hard at finding places, even sometimes in the not-so-good neighborhoods. Two weekends ago we didn't have a house to detect and he saw this man raking leaves and we got permission to hunt his 1909 house. I had only found a wheat and then moved down the side of the house. I got this jumpy signal next to the broken walkway and was extremely surprised when I was looking into the hole and found this Barber half. This is a first for me, and I can now say that I have found every variety of half produced in the 20th century. As I was walking to the car, I found the Mercury dime on the easement at the front of the house. It was about 7 inches down and didn't give a clear sound. We then went to another lot and I found the pendant. It has Pope Pius on one side and Mother Teresa on the other. I think it is copper and silver plated.

1927 Mercury and 1908 Barber Half Dollar:

P1010467.JPG P1010468.JPG

Pendant:

P1010472.JPG P1010473.JPG

Earlier in the week, I finally got permission to hunt this lot that I knew about since early last year. The lot had a home on it that burned down and the property owner's have a business on the other side of town. I went into the business and they quickly gave me permission. What is a little ironic is that they own a boating business and the last find of the day was the "Shipyard Volunteer" badge. I would appreciate anymore information on the two items.

Shipyard Volunteer Badge and Insurance company token:

P1010475.JPG P1010476.JPG P1010477.JPG

I also found this neat Tootsie Toy Fire engine:

P1010474.JPG

Finally, my detecting partner and I got back together today. We have been hitting this residental area and generally only finding mostly wheats and the occasional single silver. I told him to meet me "on the other side of the interstate" because for some odd reason I have done much better in that area on the silver. Today didn't dissappoint.

We started off by detecting this one well hit property and I had only found a deep clad dime. It was 10 am and I decided to ask permission at this one house. I felt that it would work out, because I had gotten permission on all the houses around it, but it wasn't so. We then decided to go down the road and park and split up and see how many houses we could get. I knocked on 2 doors and didn't get an answer. I then went to this corner lot that just recently sold and I have been eyeing for over a year. He got permission on this wide easement in the front of this very old house.

My first silver was the 1945 Mercury dime on the wide easement where he had gotten permission. He was a little irritated (I rub it in also) because he walked over it.

The rest of the silver was found at the corner lot where I had gotten permission. It was a 1932-P quarter, 1942 and 1945 Mercury dime. I also found a 1940 Jefferson nickel. He found a 1951 Rosy, 1943 Mercury dime and an aluminum token. So the corner lot gave us 5 silver today and lots of wheat cents.

Cleaned silver from today:

P1010466.JPG

All our top finds from the day:

PART_1430428582046_PicsArt_1430422425888.jpg

1932 Quarter:

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Upvote 8

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs there but the Barber Half-Dollar really steals the show, those are very uncommon to find !!! :occasion14:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man that's a lot of great finds!, looks like you guys had some great hunts!, and topped off with plenty of silver!, Very cool, great post!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Some really cool finds man,try a bit of electrolysis on that half.

GOD Bless

Chris

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 128
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 127

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds. I am a Tootsie fan! Congrats on all of the nice coins. GL&HH.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loving the half

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. As already mentioned, the Barber half dollar steals the show. Only found 2 in 35 years detecting.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver, silver everywhere, and you found it! Nice finds for sure! Congrats!

OP
OP
Pointman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. As already mentioned, the Barber half dollar steals the show. Only found 2 in 35 years detecting.

I've been really blessed over the 2 years of very active hunting. There are members in my club who have been detecting their whole lives and they are surprised at what I dig up. I think it is because I am work very hard at it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread