How about a Box Plate to back up my Sword Belt Plate?

strycker

Mar 26, 2013
Winchester, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD, White's TDI, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Coming off my last outing and managing to pull my first Eagle sword belt plate, I managed to dig another plate! It was purely random. Same story as before. Trimmed out some overgrown weeds, mowed down the grass and raked it clean. Went about detecting in the iron grunts when I got a nice little squeak. Decided to poke around and see what I might find. Nail after nail came out the hole UNTIL...somehow, once again off the center of the hole I dug, about 3 inches away and 6 inches down, a whitish surface appeared. Managed to miss this one too with my shovel and it came out pretty sweet. The back loops are long gone and the edge is a tiny rusty, but it's another find I can check off the list. US Oval Box Plate! Now I need to locate that eagle breastplate that had to be with it at some point. Still can't get over two plates in a WEEK! And maybe 20 yards apart. You just never know!
Plate 2.jpg Plate Cleaned.jpg
Plate Ground.jpg Plate.jpg

Upvote 16

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You my friend, are on a roll. There should certainly be more there to be found :thumbsup:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck of a hotspot...
Get er done.
Watchin for updates.

mirage83

Dec 20, 2009
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, XLT
It's Virginia. Where CW relics are concerned, anything is possible in your neck of the woods.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you are rolling bro. Makes you not wanna go to work and just hunt huh? I know the feeling 8-)

OP
OP
S

strycker

Mar 26, 2013
Winchester, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I do know the feeling. Sunday morning was up early and out the door. Only managed a .69 Minie and some little oddball stuff. No more plates (yet) .. the iron just drives me crazy at the site. Going to have to dig a 2x2 ft hole and just see whats under the soil I think. No doubt something else has to be hiding there.

Last hunt finds: Not shown, harmonica reed and iron buckles
IMG_7622.JPG

Last edited:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super "Hot Spot" you have found there :occasion14: Strycker !! Bet more fantastic relics will turn up there soon :metaldetector::headbang:

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I do know the feeling. Sunday morning was up early and out the door. Only managed a .69 Minie and some little oddball stuff. No more plates (yet) .. the iron just drives me crazy at the site. Going to have to dig a 2x2 ft hole and just see whats under the soil I think. No doubt something else has to be hiding there.

That VERY method is how I found my first plate. It can be a huge disappointment, and very tiring, but it can also pay off BIG.

IMG_4803.JPG

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done! WTG! Congrats!
You probably will find the eagle plate to go with those! GL. HH!

OP
OP
S

strycker

Mar 26, 2013
Winchester, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nicely done! WTG! Congrats!
You probably will find the eagle plate to go with those! GL. HH!

That is my hope! I will have to dig a lot of iron to get underneath it to see what might be lurking there still. Even low and slow with the 5x8 coil, all I hear is the nails and rust.

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro AT, Garrett Propointer+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder what happened to have both those plates there, so many years ago

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
Pretty box plate. Makes you wonder what else is hiding in that iron, might be a spot worth doing some sifting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions