Really didnt know where to ask this question

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really didn't know where to ask this question

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430881217.351868.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430881231.725106.jpg
Found this a long time ago, but recently rediscovered. I looked into the cross on the internet but all seem to be fairly new crosses. Since I found this in my grandparents chest that held all their precious things( family items) , I'm assuming it's older. I heard it had something to do with my family history with the Masons and then if heard it was my great grandmothers who was part of the order of the Eastern Star. I still need to look into that to fully understand.
Anyway, curious on people's thoughts or experience in seeing or finding something like this. The real meaning etc.

Upvote 2

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mexican silver Cuernavaca Crucifix

https://fisheaters.com/crucifixes.html

This Cross takes its name from Caravaca (now known as Caravaca de la Cruz), Spain, a town in the province of Murcia where, in A.D. 1231, a priest was imprisoned by the Moors. Out of curiosity, his captors' King, Abu Zeid, asked him to say Mass, but as the priest began, he realized he didn't have the necessary Crucifix. As his captors grew angry, the Patriarch of Jerusalem's pectoral cross was transported to the priest through an open window, borne by two angels. Seeing this, King Abu Zeid converted to the true religion.

The "Caravaca Cross," then, is the two-armed Lorraine Cross that is used by Archbishops and Patriarchs. Some representations are Crucifixes, such as the one above, and may show the angels that carried the Cross, one on each side. The words "Caravaca" may appear on the second arm of the Cross such that "Cara" is on one side, and "vaca" on the other. This is a very popular Crucifix in Spain and Mexico

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread