18th and 19th Century Finds and a theory...

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I have not been able to get out very much over the last few weeks due to coaching little league, doing yard work etc. I have spent some time returning to 3 spots that have always been productive. As always, there have been plenty of artifacts, but little coinage, other than a few Indian Heads and a Large Cent found a while back. I have a theory why these spots are not producing more coins, especially old copper. The spots must have been heavily hunted over the years. Most of these items read lower than the "coin" mode would read and may have been passed up as junk. (Use ALL METAL or RELIC MODE and DIG EVERY SIGNAL!!) The only other theory is that I just haven't found the coins yet! It may be too late for this season. The poison ivy has taken over much of the area.

From top left: Leather stud, cabinet drawer handle from a tavern that burned in 1850, whiffletree, pewter spoon fragments, clay smoking pipe fragment, 17.5mm musket ball, various other items including a deadbolt door thingy, a whole lot of flat buttons (some may be early 18th century or older), and a whole lot of buckles! I think most of the buckles are late 19th or early 20th century, but the rectangular one looks more colonial. I don't know about the oval one. Any experts?

Attachments

• 2007_0509Image0001.JPG
    2007_0509Image0001.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 494
Upvote 0

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil, Nice collection there. All finds are treasure.

HH
Neal

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Most of these were found with the ACE 250. I decided to keep my CXIII as a relic machine. I like the added features not on the ACE.

I will say this...some of those very small buttons were 6-8 inches deep. That is great depth for small objects. I am waiting on a new pinpointer and those small buttons are a b__ch to find in the dirt pile!

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
The "oval" buckle is actually part of a saddle.. I just dug another this past weekend in a yard in my town.. about the only thing good that came out of there!!!

MonkeyBoy

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal
:o Gorgeous finds!! :o

** cabinet drawer handle from a tavern that burned in 1850 **
Insane !!! I love it! ;D

Congrats on some truly great finds!!

Bogart :D

Bertman

Apr 13, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Minelab E-Trac
Dang nice finds Neil... You would have to mention "Poison Ivy", now I'm itching all over... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread