Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently received permission to hunt a 1800's mill site that has been owned by only 2 families since it was built. Due to the fact that the overgrowth was booming due to all our rain in the last mont and finding ticks on me. I decided to hunt the creek. After getting instruction and encouragement from HomeGuardDan I decided Sunday I would give my Deus its first of many to come swimming lessons. After trying HGD creek technique for a while I finally found a Porsche metal car a screw cap or two and lots of iron.About and hour into my hunt I walked up the shoals toward a dam used to divert water downstream to the waterwheel. I was standing in about 6 inches of water and got a solid 91-92 signal. Confused because I was standing on bedrock I reached under the water and could feel a creavass in the rock. After cleaning out some sand and a few small rocks I could insert my index finger inside and could feel something round. Whatever it was it was wedged so tight it took me 20 minutes to wiggle it out. At last I could get two fingers on it to remove it. Pulling it out I looked at it and started shaking. Finally after all these years My Dream Coin. A Bust Half with a 1810 date. I sat there looking at it about 10 mins before I took out my phone and sent Carolina Tom a shaky blurry pic. Thank you for letting me share my story. And thanks again to HomeGuardDan and Coinmam 123. The first pic is how it came out of water.

IMG_20150510_132114207.jpg IMG_20150511_085140120.jpg IMG_20150511_075857.jpg

Upvote 81
OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Find, Can you give us information on how you Cleaned that Beauty up..Thanks-goldnugget-Charlotte,North Carolina

Carolina Tom lent me a grinding wheel and several packs of course sandpaper.
But Coinman123 suggested I not listen to Tom and use boiling water and a toothpick. I also used peroxide and baking soda in hot water and lots of tooth picks.

Last edited:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Carolina Tom lent me a grinding wheel and several packs of course sandpaper.
But Coinman123 suggested I not listen to Tom and use boiling water and a toothpick. I also used peroxide and baking soda in hot water and lots of tooth picks.

I don't think that you will be left with a IDable coin if you use a grinding wheel on it:laughing7: More like a flat disk.

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think that you will be left with a IDable coin if you use a grinding wheel on it:laughing7: More like a flat disk.
Well I think that was his master plan to have me make his Charlotte Silver Mafia ring out of it. I had it up to the grinding wheel when I got your PM. I think as a treat I'm gonna invite him to Kudzu Bridge and not for a hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread