First Penny!

S

SonjaMarie

Well I finally found clad, one slight broken 1983 penny, but I was so thrilled to find it! I gave it to my mom to put with her other little things on her computer cause it was special to me.

I also found some large pieces of flat metal and a soda can.

The site I was searching, where people catch buses in front of our house, had other signals but I had something else I had to do and didn't want to start digging and forget about time. So I'll check it out again when I have more time.

Sonja Marie

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your First Find Sonja :) It can only get better now. your HOOKED ;D HAPPY HUNTING ; jeff

OP
OP
S

SonjaMarie

LOL! I hope I find more now :D

I forgot to mention that the top soil was soft black stuff but then a few inches down it turned in to very hard and rocky soil, I didn't like it.

Sonja Marie

jimmyokla

Dec 19, 2004
Congrats Sonja ;D I'd hit that bus stop hot and heavy and dig every signal you get. Enjoyed talking to you last night in the chat room and hope to chat again sometime.Goodluck.................... Jimmy

OP
OP
S

SonjaMarie

I'd go out again today but it's a bit too cold and I don't want to get sick.

Sonja Marie

S

SASQUASH

Good job SongaMarie that is how you do it keep it up LADY JANE GREY would be proud great web site by the way.HAVING MORE FUN THEN PEOPLE SASQUSH.<><

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
WTG!, The first are always great... ;D
I'm sure you will find a lot more...
Good Luck & Happy Hunting!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bus stop in front of your house money in the bank! clean it out of all the metal.take the time to clean all the foil tabs coin etc till its nice and clean(no hits) then once a week early on a sunday say
go there and just sweep up the coins etc.nice to here you so happy over a penny almost always the first find for most of us im sure,now its like"oh great another penny"but they add up so keep at it! ;D

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Congrats to you SonjiaMarie! I told you that you could do it. As you get to put in more time using your machine, your skills will grow. By the time we get together this summer, you'll be an old pro. You're doing a fine job so far so don't get discouraged. It will just get better & better for you as you go. Spotz

OP
OP
S

SonjaMarie

Thanks Spotz!

I went back to the spot a few hours later and dug on what were good signals but it was just a pull tab and some rusted flat pieces of metal. Then the fog was rolling in and I didn't want to be hit by a car so I had to stop.

Sonja Marie

zommbee

Jan 31, 2005
Tacoma, WA
Hi Sonja - Dave in Tacoma here...

Just remember that every pull tab you dig tells you that if any detectorist
had been there before you had his discrimination set too high to get silver,
nickels, and many rings! At least that's what I always tell myself ;D

Looking forward to our outing with Spotz this summer...

Dave
Zommbee

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Welcome to the hobby SonjaMarie, for a lot of us our first finds were a penny. Keep working that area and you may be surprised by what you find. Keep up the good work
hh

Shutterbug

Nov 6, 2004
If you think it was exciting finding your first coin, just wait 'till you find your first diamond ring!!! Congradulations and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread