Dr.Tones

Jan 7, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. I had a fun time trying out the new Minelab Go-Find. Here's a video of it performing and some first impresions. Happy hunting!
In preparation for the new Minelab Go-Find release this weekend, here's a video of my first hunt with the Go-Find and some of my initial first impressions. Here's a link with more info. I assume they're going to sell out quick.
Minelab Online Store

Upvote 1

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have logged hours on this machine and as you found it does work. My conclusion is that unless you really need the fold up feature you should buy a standard detector with the features you need.

OP
OP
D

Dr.Tones

Jan 7, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it's a good entry level traveler

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did have the good fortune to have hunted a couple good areas where this little detector found enough good stuff to pay for its self by the end of the 2nd day. That makes it pretty hard to "fold up and move on to a standard detector". If my luck holds, next weeks truck will bring me a new F 44 for a repeat adventure with hopes of a repeat performance on getting my investment back.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folds up for those "Discreet Digs"..LOL

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do like the idea of a compact, relatively inexpensive detector to throw in the carry-on bin for flights. The debate in my head is whether or not I travel enough to justify it. I'm going to Hawaii and Denver later in the year and am giving it some careful consideration.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, they need a foldable, upgradable detector that you can throw in the trunk and it wont be hurt by heat, cold or humidity. Something you can carry with you everywhere and go detect on a moments notice.

Oh, don't change your credits at the beginning of your vids. Seems real catchy. Kind of like the opening credits to a classic show like the old Star Trek series. I hate it when folks change their video openings every few weeks/months. Doesn't seem as comfy and familiar. You need to take a vote before you ever do it and I would vote to keep.

I've wondered the same about the harmonica reeds. It wouldn't surprise me that the reeds were changed out at one time. I've seen old harmonica advertisements for .50 cents which would have been enough to eat on for a few days back then. I found many accordion and organ reeds. Behind a church one time I found over a dozen organ reeds thrown out against a big oak tree.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread