Found another treasure chest

borntohunt460

Jul 30, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess since I've been finding my fair share of treasure I bought another cool old box. When I'm not digging I think antiquing works the same treasure hunt muscle. I'm hoping I can find some history on this. I'm thinking the soldier would have been WW1 and what do you think you'd have paid? I'll answer here in a bit

Attachments

• 1431901396658.jpg
    1431901396658.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 218
Upvote 6

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome chest!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not too interested in something like that because I feel that I would only need it to display something on top of it or use it, but anyway, I would probably only pay $25 but it is probably worth a lot more.

I am a touch jaded with war surplus because I have been buying war surplus items since I was a kid and I joined the army 25 years ago and I get sick of looking at it. What amazes me, is that WWII items that went for pennies on the dollar is impossible to find now. In hindsight, I should have snatched the stuff up. The newer surplus (past Vietnam) is too commonplace now and commercialized. I doubt if a lot of it will have as much collector value as items from the two Great Wars, although I thought this before.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would drop 50 bucks on that easily...probally work 3 times that...Cool Box!

OP
OP
borntohunt460

borntohunt460

Jul 30, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would drop 50 bucks on that easily...probally work 3 times that...Cool Box!

Pretty close. I paid 40. I've done a little research and this is spanish American war. The 6th regiment was stationed in San fransisco late 1800s up until they moved their post to Fort Thomas ky which is where the seller said he bought it from. Haven't been able to find a roster of M company though

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, That would be 150.00 at an antique store around here. I love it. If you get tired of it...send it my way.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread