First gold...Ever!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everybody!
I was at a local park and had just dug a dime with the Omega (it loves dimes). After I flipped the flap back in, I was just about to re-scan & caught a glimpse of yellow under the grass. I thought it was just gold colored foil at first until I pulled it out of the grass realized it was a gold bracelet! I knew it was the real deal. There was a couple kids who watched me pull it out, they started to get excited & I quickly dismissed the bracelet as junk. There were some thug looking guys hanging out, there & I would rather they not know I had just found a gold bracelet. This was my first gold item found, as I tend to spend many hours hunting long gone home sites from the early 1900's & only once in awhile hit the parks or schools. The bracelet is 14 KT & 7.6 grams. This year I am hoping to hit more parks, schools, etc.. in search of jewelry & clad & less time hitting the old dusty home sites. Hopefully this is the beginning of more to come soon.

Attachments

• gold bracelet morgan st.jpg
    gold bracelet morgan st.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 168
Upvote 14

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Nice Yellow!! :thumbsup:

This year I am hoping to hit more parks, schools, etc.. in search of jewelry & clad & less time hitting the old dusty home sites. Hopefully this is the beginning of more to come soon.

You said the same as me when I went from dirt to water...All it took was a friend showing me his gold at the beach then me finding one in the water...

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Congrats! You've no doubt caught the gold bug with this find. It's a tough illness to get rid of- only way to deal with it is to find more gold!

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7:If you weren't hooked you are now! Nice find:occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the first gold find and a very nice one at that... :occasion14:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet golden loot, congratulations. Having a shiny Lesche tool gripped in your free hand like a Spartan's sword is a deterrent for nosy thugs. Especially in Riverside. Sub 8-)

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet golden loot, congratulations. Having a shiny Lesche tool gripped in your free hand like a Spartan's sword is a deterrent for nosy thugs. Especially in Riverside. Sub 8-)

Thanks! Yep, I got the Lesche at the ready at all times, lol! You sound like you speak from experience regarding Riverside, lol.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great first there atomicscott !! :occasion14:
Still seeking my first gold bracelet here :metaldetector:

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first gold find is always the best, you will recall every detail of the experience for your entire life. :treasurechest::thumbsup:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first gold. When I was going to parks, I'd try to get there very early in the mornings when it was likely I'd not have much company. At least the punks wouldn't be there anyway.

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I the old one who packs a pistol even when metal detecting??

Carrying a concealed weapon is a big no-no in Cali. Won't take that chance in a public park!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread