My new T2 SE in my old V3i spots... IH, Silver, & relics.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had to send my V3i back to Whites for some service and realized I needed a better secondary detector. I have used only Whites for the last 20 years, so after some research, it was hard, but I decided on the T2 SE.

I figured the best spots to test this T2 out on, would be two houses that I have spent about 80 hours at with my V3i. I have gridded these yards, with various programs in multiple directions, in the last years with my V3i and pulled out many relics, silvers, indian heads and wheats.

I have a couple trips with the T2 SE this past week, totaling 10 hours and I have a lot more ground to cover at one of the yards.

Yard 1: 8 wheats and a silver war nickel some watches.
IMG_20150518_083548769.jpg

Yard 2: Indian Head, silver war nickel, Silver Rosie, 2 wheats, various relics. I also dug a really nice iron horse bit that is in the electrolysis tank now.
IMG_20150518_123248519.jpg
IMG_20150518_123323890.jpg
Untitled.jpg

So far I am very pleased with my choice in the T2.

Last edited:
Upvote 6

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;
Tesoro Vaquero;
Fisher F5;
Whites Eagle Spectrum - Started it all
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool finds, especially that sharp 1900 IH! Sounds like the T2 is going to treat you well. Congrats on the finds

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you! The dirt at this one house is very nice to those Indian Head cents. I think I've dug 5 or 6 there now and they come out with a nice green patina on them, crisp and no pitting. Unlike some soil that destroys those coins. ha

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey buddy I knew you'd be happy. I'm shocked on a regular basis at the stuff I pull out and the depths that the T2 nails stuff at. I shudder to think the things that I would have missed with other machines. I have lots of sites where there's nothing less than 8" and finds down to 14". You will do great my friend.

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The horse bit just came out of electrolysis and a boiling wax bath.
IMG_20150518_173228122.jpg

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like it re-opened many sites. The T2 SE may become your go-to-detector. Would love to have that many older sites lined up. :thumbsup:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why the "best detector" question is impossible to answer. I believe owning two detectors that compliment each other is the way to do it. Congrats on reviving your sites!

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
I have been using the T2se for about three years and I am still pleased and amazed at the way it produces in the iron. Great machine and great choice good luck!

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone!

Looks like it re-opened many sites. The T2 SE may become your go-to-detector. Would love to have that many older sites lined up. :thumbsup:

It's looking like it might be my go-to! The house the IH came from is nearly an acre. I also have a killer old site that has produced a ton, but has high grass. I think the T2 will do very well there.

Yes! And you have to love the weight and balance of it. Nice digs.

The weight really is great. I've only had it out a few times, but one was 4 hours and I hardly noticed it.

This is why the "best detector" question is impossible to answer. I believe owning two detectors that compliment each other is the way to do it. Congrats on reviving your sites!

So true... I do love my V3i and have more than 2 years experience with it. It will be nice to keep it in the arsenal. An interesting test will be to work a new site completely with the T2 and then go there with my V3i.... might be the same results I had here!

I have been using the T2se for about three years and I am still pleased and amazed at the way it produces in the iron. Great machine and great choice good luck!

Thank you. I like hearing all that iron and I am amazed at how it will give me a dozen clear and crisp iron tones in one sweep, back to back tones really close to each other! With the occasional high tone mixed in there right next to the iron. I have a couple other sites this thing will do great at.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions