CW finds and a Geo H Thomas Badge?

CHAPP12

Mar 10, 2014
Northwest GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well got out late this afternoon for a little hunting with my dad. I have been using my newly purchased T2 trying to get to know it. I have to admit I have went back to the truck more than once to get the ATPro. :) But today I gave it a real shot and made myself stick to it. I have about 40hrs on the T2 and I am pleased so for with my purchase. Found some decent stuff today and am excited about the badge. The top of the badge has the wording "Camp Geo H Thomas" and the only thing I can make out on the bottom is the word "park" and it looks as if there is a date under it. If anyone can shed some light on this item it would be greatly appreciated? Thanks and happy hunting. 20150521_193246.jpg 20150521_193407.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 2

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Put shortly, Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park (from the CW) was temporarily renamed Camp Geo H Thomas for use during the Spanish American War as a training grounds and staging area for troops going to Cuba. Your item is a piece of a badge from that time period. The word Park is probably from "Chickamauga Park" on this in tact example..see link below.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Cam...venir-1898-camp-geo-h-thomas-medal%2F;600;710

OP
OP
C

CHAPP12

Mar 10, 2014
Northwest GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's funny that you sent me that pic. That is the only picture I can find that comes close. Thanks for your reply and the details.

OP
OP
C

CHAPP12

Mar 10, 2014
Northwest GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I don't know how it happen but I've started 2 threads about the same dang thing. Maybe an administrator can combine them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions