CW finds and a Geo H Thomas Badge?

CHAPP12

Mar 10, 2014
Northwest GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well got out late this afternoon for a little hunting with my dad. I have been using my newly purchased T2 trying to get to know it. I have to admit I have went back to the truck more than once to get the ATPro. :) But today I gave it a real shot and made myself stick to it. I have about 40hrs on the T2 and I am pleased so for with my purchase. Found some decent stuff today and am excited about the badge. The top of the badge has the wording "Camp Geo H Thomas" and the only thing I can make out on the bottom is the word "park" and it looks as if there is a date under it. If anyone can shed some light on this item it would be greatly appreciated? Thanks and happy hunting. View attachment 1164783 View attachment 1164781

Attachments

• 20150521_193246.jpg
    20150521_193246.jpg
    962.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 20150521_193407.jpg
    20150521_193407.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
Upvote 1

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. Not a relic guy, but I have to assume that its not every day on a CW hunt that you find Spanish-American War relics. This was apparently a short lived name for the Chickamaugua and Chattanooga Military Park. According to the one link below, there are three different varieties of this medal. Cool find!

Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Camp Geo. H Thomas Medal Found with Metal Detector

Camp George H. Thomas - Walker Co., GA - Georgia Historical Markers on Waymarking.com

OP
OP
C

CHAPP12

Mar 10, 2014
Northwest GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks David and Coinman. Sorry I didn't post sooner but have been busy. David thanks for the pic. It looks like the one in the bottom of the frame is mine. I appreciate that. Coinman love your firefighter medal. I know you might think I'm crazy but I love finding those unique things like that almost more than finding coins, almost. Happy hunting fellows.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread