My free gold

captain_mike

Aug 20, 2012
Dogtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX, Whites Goldmaster GMX, Whites TDI SL, Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab GP3500, Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll try here. I was looking for a hopper top to convert my royal sluice into a higher, and saw an ad on craigslist for what literally looked like a pile of junk, and a hopper, all for $200. I really couldn't tell much from the ad pics, so I called and went over to see if the hopper was useable. It was the last week of lent, and for some reason, I turned to the wife and said "you know, I'm going to give up all prospecting and metal detecting for this last week." So to make a long story short, I got to the house, and on this guys side yard is a 3 inch Keene highbanker/power sluice dredge combo, a 1½ inch proline highbanker/dredge power sluice combo, a gold buddy 1¼ inch highbanker, an extra 50 inch sluice, a gold magic spiral wheel, and a pickle jar full of cons......all for $200. Im on disability, so money is tight, but I took my last $200 and bought it all. I sold the gold buddy and the extra sluice for $165, and panned out the cons, ending up with 1.7 grams (about $60 worth), which means I actual got all the equipment for free, and walked away with $25 extra. So yesterday I got out a crucible and the mapp gas torch, and melted this little $50 button just for fun.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
C

captain_mike

Aug 20, 2012
Dogtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX, Whites Goldmaster GMX, Whites TDI SL, Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab GP3500, Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the pic

Attachments

• 1432316401018.jpg
    1432316401018.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 101

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions