robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
It's all the same

Funny hobby metal detecting. One minute your in beautiful surroundings, searching for ancient coins and artifacts. The next your in modern surroundings, searching a grass field, that's basically a dog toilet. The buzz though is still the same. These are the coins from two short sessions on a grass field near to home. Nothing older than Victorian, three silvers, the cleaned one being a 1917 shilling. Hoping for some jewelry from this patch. May have another session, late this afternoon, wearing rubber gloves :laughing7:.

Attachments

• IMG_6654.JPG
    IMG_6654.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 131
Upvote 6

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, I would have thought if you were hunting on the moon you would have managed at least one hammered! Nice finds. I'm assuming the other two are a 6 and a 3?

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a productive hunt. Congrats on the quality coins.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a wild ride and that's the beauty of it. Highs and lows. But the highs make it sooooooo worth it

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt there, I always wear gloves, to many glass infested sites out here !

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
LOL, I would have thought if you were hunting on the moon you would have managed at least one hammered! Nice finds. I'm assuming the other two are a 6 and a 3?
Hello David, the other 2 silvers are a 1932 shilling and a 1940 sixpence.

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
It is a wild ride and that's the beauty of it. Highs and lows. But the highs make it sooooooo worth it
Just seen the spoons Ahab, only ever had broken ones that age. Spurred on by your pictures (and a few pints), I'm going out to hunt, 20 mins walk to the field, it's now 18.55 so should get a couple of hours.:thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still three modern silvers beats no silver, it's a producer and you may get a few half crowns and something gold to boot. Now what's nice about your dirt is anything can show up anywhere best of luck on a oldie.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread